PDA

View Full Version : SB3 Keeps rebooting (I think)

Cessquill
2008-12-03, 16:18
Hi - searched the forums without luck so far, but will keep looking...

My SB3 is connected to the router downstairs wirelessly, which is wired to my server. Not an amazing spec machine, but it used to work fine and haven't changed it.

Just of late, the SB3 looks like it has been power cycling - keeps going through the Logitech logo, then Squeezebox 3, then connecting to the network, etc. - it nearly gets there, then starts all over again.

When it seems stable, the start of every song fades out and back in again, and I'm lucky if it gets to the end of the song without restarting it.

I've restarted the router and server, and reset & reconfigured my router (which is only about 15 feet away), and I'm getting a little stuck. Would an SB3 reset help?

technograndad
2008-12-04, 03:56
I had a similar reboot problem with one of my SB3s, it would play for a short while then reboot itself, sometimes with a crazed display just beforehand.

Having read that this was happening to others, I followed advice and restored v6.5.0 firmware 64 which completely solved the problem :)

I'd recommend you give that a try. See... http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=360739&postcount=2

However, I've since had a worse problem... Following advice from support, I installed the latest nightly build (7.3.1) which also solved the problem (yay! - it played for hours) but when I restarted SqueezCenter at the PC it sent the SB3 into a perpetual reboot loop. I see the Logitech logo, then the Squeezebox name, then another reboot after 7 or 8 seconds. I can't break out of that, and it doesn't respond to a factory reset (hold + while connecting power), it just provokes another reboot. Same with ilinx reset, or in fact any other key being pressed on the handset - instant reboot.

Does anyone know of a way to hard-reset an SB3? I'd like to put 6.5.0 back on again.

carlvs
2008-12-04, 12:05
What is your wireless point.

I have a DSL 2wire router from DirecTV and that kept restarting the SB.

Switching from 802.11B/G to 802.11B fixes this.

Cessquill
2008-12-04, 12:41
...I restarted SqueezCenter at the PC it sent the SB3 into a perpetual reboot loop. I see the Logitech logo, then the Squeezebox name, then another reboot after 7 or 8 seconds...

Pretty similar to what mine's doing, although I've just got home and it's stuck on "Connecting to Slimserver..."

I'm connecting via a Linksys WRT54G router. Never had real problems before, but haven't used it that much since the big upgrade. Now I do want to, it seems I can't.

technograndad
2008-12-04, 16:45
What is your wireless point.

I have a DSL 2wire router from DirecTV and that kept restarting the SB.

Switching from 802.11B/G to 802.11B fixes this.

It's not that, I've tried turning the PC and wireless router completely off. It has no bearing on the SB3 behaviour. The SB3 reboot loop is the same, and it seems to be before it attempts the network negotiation.

Thanks for the input though :)

Cessquill
2008-12-08, 12:31
Let me know if you get anywhere with this please - mine's now just constantly rebooting, and a reset doesn't seem to stop this.