PDA

View Full Version : Squeezecenter Problem

Steve_Be
2008-12-03, 13:49
Hi,

I have just bought a new laptop. I downloaded Squeezecenter and connected to my Squeezebox easily enough. While playing around with the settings and options on the Squeezebox I came across the tetris style game and had a go to see what it was. However, the Squeezebox immediately froze and crashed!

It will now not connect to the laptop at all so I did the factory reset which has taken me back to setup.

The big problem is that Squeezecenter also has crashed and would not open up at all! So....I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall so I could set up my Squeezebox again but it comes up with this error:

C:|ProgramFiles|Squeezecenter\Server\squeezecenter .exe

An error occured while trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Access is denied.

I then have to abort the installation.

So I am now left unable to install Squeezecenter! Any ideas??

mvalera
2008-12-04, 11:41
I think your best bet is to call tech support:

http://www.slimdevices.com/su_tech.html

Mike

wanye
2009-05-12, 12:06
Hi,

I have just bought a new laptop. I downloaded Squeezecenter and connected to my Squeezebox easily enough. While playing around with the settings and options on the Squeezebox I came across the tetris style game and had a go to see what it was. However, the Squeezebox immediately froze and crashed!

It will now not connect to the laptop at all so I did the factory reset which has taken me back to setup.

i get the same. the block "falls" to the left of the display, then nothing, and the unit becomes unresponsive. its a brand new unit, and i downloaded the (latest, i assume?) firmware directly from the device.

i'm running ubuntu 8.10, and after power cycling the device, it attempts to connect to the squeezecenter, but doesnt get any further unless i "sudo ./etc/init.d/squeezecenter restart" on my desktop pc.

after that, everything is fine again. but it's an annoying problem.

any ideas?

(other than that, its a great bit of kit, and means i am already spending more time in the dining room with just the hifi for company) :)

jrichardson
2009-05-13, 09:50
Please try 7.3.3, if you have the same issue with SimTres please open a bug

wanye
2009-05-14, 09:10
Please try 7.3.3, if you have the same issue with SimTres please open a bug

woo! that looks like it has sorted it out nicely.