PDA

View Full Version : SC doesn't know my Favorites, SN does

rocket j squirrel
2008-12-03, 07:47
I just installed SC and at the same time my SB requested, and received, a firmware update. After some newbie flailing around getting the SB to connect to SC (see my earlier thread) I managed to get the SB and the SC to see each other.

Problem is, my Favorites list is empty in SC. When I connect the SB to SN, I do have access to my Favorites.

What's the trick? Do I need to import my favorites into SC or something?

toby10
2008-12-03, 09:07
I just installed SC and at the same time my SB requested, and received, a firmware update. After some newbie flailing around getting the SB to connect to SC (see my earlier thread) I managed to get the SB and the SC to see each other.

Problem is, my Favorites list is empty in SC. When I connect the SB to SN, I do have access to my Favorites.

What's the trick? Do I need to import my favorites into SC or something?

SC and SN are two completely different servers. There may be a way to capture your SN Favorites and get them into SC, I dunno.
There is some way of doing this via OPML but I've never messed with it myself.

rocket j squirrel
2008-12-03, 09:28
Seriously? One needs to manually re-install the SN favorites into SC? Who the heck thought that was a good idea?

toby10
2008-12-03, 09:59
Seriously? One needs to manually re-install the SN favorites into SC? Who the heck thought that was a good idea?

Well, probably the same person who thought up the idea that files on one computer will be different than files on another computer. :)

Two different servers are, in essence, two different computers. I believe future versions of SC and SN may incorporate some sort of "syncing" to do this for you.

But I'd wait for others to chime in here with a solution for you (like the OPML thingy) before you re-enter all those streams into SC. :)

Wish I had a better answer for you.

rocket j squirrel
2008-12-03, 10:28
Well, yeah, okay. Some way to synch would be swell. Seems like oversight to me. Unless I'm in some small minority of users who expect SC to pick up on one's SN Favorites.

I reckon I could use SN for favorite streams, and SC for my iTunes library. Clunky, tho'.

bpa
2008-12-03, 11:04
On SN web page - Favorites - at the bottom there is a link "Access your Favorites as OPML"

Copy the URL on this link and add it as a Favorite on your SC.

rocket j squirrel
2008-12-03, 11:48
@ bpa: and Hey presto! it works. Many thanks!