PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Player-specific playlists

pablolie
2008-12-02, 10:06
It may sound like an exotic request (which I remember reading about 3 years ago, in my early SB days, but could not find the thread), but as we have more and more SB in our houses (I have 5 active ones, and 2 momentarily inactive ones), it would be nice to have player-specific or person specific playlists.

This could be achieved 2 ways:

(1) By linking a playlist to one or more or all players.

(2) By having a person specific menu item that links to a filter or similar with playlist and favorite preferences.

I think it would make navigation easier for people in the household that do not want to be bothered with all menu options and just want to find a few playlists for their particular mood. My wife is a primary example: to this day, she prefers the strightforward act of plating a CD in our bedroom system - typically ocean sounds to go to sleep, and some chillout music in the morning. I have those as playlists of course, but they are hidden deep in the hierarchy of the Controller navigation.

I also think the Controller needs a one-button sleep option, as the regular remote has.

MeSue
2008-12-02, 10:43
What about creating folders in the playlist directory with the same names as the SB players. When playlists are in a folder matching the player name, they are only shown for that player.

But then if you have some lists you want on more than one player, but not all players, they'd have to be duplicated, so maybe it's not such a great way to implement it.

Just having a folder hierarchy for playlists would be helpful, IMO. I think there is an open bug for this. I seem to recall it was supported once, but not any longer.

Being able to browse within favorites would help. I opened an enhancement request for that some time ago.

pablolie
2008-12-02, 21:09
What about creating folders in the playlist directory with the same names as the SB players. When playlists are in a folder matching the player name, they are only shown for that player.

But then if you have some lists you want on more than one player, but not all players, they'd have to be duplicated, so maybe it's not such a great way to implement it.

Just having a folder hierarchy for playlists would be helpful, IMO. I think there is an open bug for this. I seem to recall it was supported once, but not any longer.

Being able to browse within favorites would help. I opened an enhancement request for that some time ago.

Great suggestions, all of them.