PDA

View Full Version : Alternative remote control for SB receiver??

Cough
2008-12-01, 16:34
Sometimes (eg around the pool) I am loathe to use my expensive Duet controller because of the risk of damage. Is it possible to use a simple (ie cheap) remote control with just the basic volume/play/skip track functions and no LCD display? I assume it needs to be an intelligent (learning) RF remote, so would something like a Logitech Harmony 560 work? Or is there a really cheap solution with some $9.99 remote from Walmart?

MeSue
2008-12-01, 17:58
I don't think other IR or RF remotes work with the SBR. You could use another WiFi device with a web browser to control it.

Or put your controller in a water-proof bag like one of these:
http://www.drypakcase.com/gameboy.php
That's the one I use when I have my Dell Axim poolside.

Better yet, get yourself a Squeezebox Boom for around the pool. ;-)

funkstar
2008-12-02, 03:19
MeSue is correct, the Reciever has no IR input so you need the Controller or something with access to the web interface.

rajeevhans
2008-12-08, 18:42
Sometimes (eg around the pool) I am loathe to use my expensive Duet controller because of the risk of damage. Is it possible to use a simple (ie cheap) remote control with just the basic volume/play/skip track functions and no LCD display? I assume it needs to be an intelligent (learning) RF remote, so would something like a Logitech Harmony 560 work? Or is there a really cheap solution with some $9.99 remote from Walmart?

If you have an iphone, an app (costs you $10) could solve your problem.

MeSue
2008-12-08, 20:16
If you have an iphone, an app (costs you $10) could solve your problem.

Isn't an iPhone more expensive than a SBC?