Wake On Lan Working But Can You Shut It Down?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikebh50
    • Nov 2008

Wake On Lan Working But Can You Shut It Down?

Hi

Have just got the squeezebox and am really please with it.After hours of mucking about i have got the pc to wake up on lan and let me play the music but is there anyway that you can get the pc to shut down when you switch off the squeezebox.Would really like to know before i go out and buy a 1TB external drive for the pc.I apologize if this is a stupid question but new to all this.

Mike...
  • aubuti
    • Oct 2005

Yes, you can. There are various ways of going about it, but the new SvrPowerControl plugin is a particularly nice way of doing it. For example, you can have the SB switch over to SqueezeNetwork when you shutdown the PC running SqueezeCenter. For more info, check out the relevant thread in the 3rd Party Plugins forum.
    Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
    Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
    Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
    Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
    Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
    Bedroom: SB Radio
    Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
    LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• mikebh50
      • Nov 2008

psshutdown.exe how to install

Hi

Yes like the idea of this and have downloaded the file but you have to input the above before you can use the plug in and as i am no computer wizz i would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction

Thanks
      mike

Comment

• toscana
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by mikebh50
        Hi

Yes like the idea of this and have downloaded the file but you have to input the above before you can use the plug in and as i am no computer wizz i would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction

Thanks
        mike
        There is no need to install anything. Just copy the psshutdown.exe to e.g. c:\windows.
        I installed the SvrPowerControl plugin last week and it's working great. Much more flexible than the scheduled task in Windows I was using before that to shut down the server.

Cheers
        toscana

Comment

• autopilot
          • Oct 2005

I just set my PC to go to sleep after 5 mins. i wont sleep is music is playing, just shuts does 5 mins after it stops.
          Cheers, auto.

Lounge: Squeezebox 3, Squeezebox Controller, Cambridge Audio 640A, Mission 701's Kitchen: Squeezebox Touch, Trends TA-10.1, Kef Cresta 1's. Bedroom: Squeezebox Boom Bathroom/Garden: Squeezebox Radio Car: iPod Classic 80GB Portable: iPhone 3GS 32Gb (+iPeng)

Comment

Working...