PDA

View Full Version : Connectivity problem w/Duet

leonbrag
2008-11-30, 18:19
Hi,

I have Duet running Controller with version 7.2. The receiver is connected via Ethernet and streams music from the PC which in turn connected to the same network via Ethernet and running SqueezeCenter 7.2.

Everything works (beside very annoying Blue Icon of Death bug - constannetly loosing network connectivity known bug) in the bridge mode (controller is in the peer-to-peer with receiver, receiver is connected via Ethernet).

When I try to reconfigure system to use WiFi for controller and Ethernet for receiver following happens:

1. Controller connects to my 128 Bit WEP WiFi
2. Controller finds receiver. I am asked how receiver should be connected: WiFi and Ethernet

When I select Ethernet, receiver fails to connect to Ethernet time and time again (even though it works perfectly fine in the bridge mode).

Is it yet another bug?

Thanks

ANZAC
2008-12-03, 07:41
Hi,

I have Duet running Controller with version 7.2. The receiver is connected via Ethernet and streams music from the PC which in turn connected to the same network via Ethernet and running SqueezeCenter 7.2.

Everything works (beside very annoying Blue Icon of Death bug - constannetly loosing network connectivity known bug) in the bridge mode (controller is in the peer-to-peer with receiver, receiver is connected via Ethernet).

When I try to reconfigure system to use WiFi for controller and Ethernet for receiver following happens:

1. Controller connects to my 128 Bit WEP WiFi
2. Controller finds receiver. I am asked how receiver should be connected: WiFi and Ethernet

When I select Ethernet, receiver fails to connect to Ethernet time and time again (even though it works perfectly fine in the bridge mode).

Is it yet another bug?

Thanks

It may not help you but, when I am connecting for the first time in the steps you describe, mine will search and fail constantly until I tell my router to look for the duet at the same time that the duet is searching? The systems then connect in seconds? In very simplistic terms!

Old100
2008-12-03, 14:34
It may not help you but, when I am connecting for the first time in the steps you describe, mine will search and fail constantly until I tell my router to look for the duet at the same time that the duet is searching? The systems then connect in seconds? In very simplistic terms!

How do you tell you router to do that?