PDA

View Full Version : Rescan doesn't pick up edited album titles

jstash
2008-11-28, 19:17
I've edited several album titles in ITunes and rescanned my library but Squeezecenter doesn't pick up the edits. Any suggestions?

amgalitz
2008-11-28, 23:21
The new music add ability (SCANNER) seems to have become broken in the last few days depending on which version of Perl or MySQL your system has (at least if it is linux based, I can't help you if you are running windows)

Start by checking your
scanner.log
file, then post the last couple dozen lines to see what the problem is.

I have many lines of this:
<code>
maxNormValue (98) Warning: Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Utils/SoundCheck.pm line 98.
[08-11-28 21:49:22.6986] Slim::Utils::SoundCheck::normValueToDBChange (91) Warning: Use of uninitialized value $normValue in division (/) at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Utils/SoundCheck.pm line 91.
</code>

In the future, it will be more helpful to post which
- operating system and version
- Versions of SqueezeCenter and its dependencies - MySQL, Perl
you are using.

FYI you can get this info from the SETTINGS page of SqueezeCenter.
A web link to your log files is there.
Here is how
- If you are running the CLASSIC SqueezeCenter skin, from HOME
click SETTINGS
* SqueezeCenter Settings
and you will see this at the bottom
- If you are running the DEFAULT SqueezeCenter skin, from HOME on the lower right
click SETTINGS, then the STATUS tab

and you will see this information:
===
SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2.2 - 23974 - Debian - EN - utf8
Server IP address: 192.168.1.8
Perl Version: 5.8.8 i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
MySQL Version: 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4
===
This is from the working system (Celeron 400mHz).

Below is the Main system which I'm building up as a house server and HTPC:

--- Scanner crash on this (AMD 64x2 4850e 2.5Ghz) Main:
SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2.1 - 23630 - Debian - EN - utf8
Perl Version: 5.10.0 x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
MySQL Version: 5.0.67-0ubuntu6
Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux

--- SqeezeCenter to TESTING branch did not fix problem:
SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2.2 - 24134 - Debian - EN - utf8
Perl Version: 5.10.0 x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
MySQL Version: 5.0.67-0ubuntu6
Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux

I run two boxes with SqueezeCenter so if one gets unstable, I can switch to the other whilst debugging. This also gives me a complete music system backup. Linux is a good way to use old computers that can't run windows XP.

In fact, on my AMD 64x2 box, Scanner just started crashing, being unable to add new music, but my trusty 12 year old Celeron 400mHz with SqeezeCenter 7.2.1 is working fine. I suspect an upgrade of either Perl, MySQL broke the Scanner in SqeezeCenter for 64 bit. I expect this will be fixed in a week or too as it has happened this way before.

If I had only one system, I would revert to the previous Perl and MySQL versions. I would also install a second system in a different partition so that if this happens, you could switch to that system and be back up while figuring out the issue. Also comparing the older working system to the newer non working might help in debug. I acutally will be doing this on the MAIN system once it is fully set up.

Good Luck. Please do not confuse me with someone who actually knows what thery are talking about <G>.

cheers and good luck.