PDA

View Full Version : "Stop Squeezecenter" No Longer Stops Squeezecenter

NFLnut
2008-11-28, 18:03
Since SC 7.0 (I'm now running SC 7.3-24144, but this behavior started back in 7.0) I can no longer get SC to stop using the taskbar icon menu "Stop Squeezecenter." When I right-click and select "Stop SC" it actually begins with the popup "Stopping SC" but it never actually stops. SC just continues to run.

In order to actually restart SC (e.g. when I install a plugin, etc) I have to start up TaskDamager and force it to shut down SC. Does anyone have a suggestion other than to completely uninstall SC and reinstall?

NFLnut
2008-12-05, 00:19
So? I'm the only one with this problem?

It started, I believe with SC 7.0 a couple of months ago. I have since upgraded to 7.2 and now 7.3 I hoped that installing the updates would take care of the problem, but it persists.

MeSue
2008-12-05, 09:45
I always use services.msc when I need to restart SqueezeCenter. Sometimes it is slow to stop and requires two attempts, though that has been rare lately. I'm on 7.3 now.

NFLnut
2009-03-16, 19:28
I'm not even sure how to access services.msc , but after just upgrading to 7.3.2 and several previous attempts at complete uninstall and re-install of Squeezecenter, I STILL can't stop SC using the right-click "Stop SC." I can't even exit SC by right-click and then "EXIT SC."

I always USED to have the "Stop SC" function, but it hasn't worked for me in over six months. I'd like to get it back. It sure makes it easier to restart SC after installing a plugin. Now, I have to bring up TaskMan and use brute force to exit SC.

mherger
2009-03-17, 04:00
> I'm not even sure how to access services.msc , but after just upgrading

Just run it from the start menu or a command line. Or find it in the
Control Panel.

> I always USED to have the "Stop SC" function, but it hasn't worked for
> me in over six months.

Can you "telnet 127.0.0.1 9090" from a command line?

--

Michael

NFLnut
2009-03-20, 10:55
Hey Michael ..

I opened a CMD prompt, and I input "telnet 127.0.0.1 9090" as you suggested, and it just goes back to the command prompt ( "D:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter>" ).

Also .. when I right click the SqueezeCenter icon in the taskbar, it states "Stopping SqueezeCenter" but it never actually stops it.

Also .. I opened up "Services" and I see no "SqueezeCenter" entries/services listed there. The only thing I DO see is something called "SqueezeMySQL"

lazpete
2009-03-20, 12:31
Same prob here, running on both xp and vista. Tray icon "stop server" dont work.

mherger
2009-03-22, 23:27
> I opened a CMD prompt, and I input "telnet 127.0.0.1 9090" as you
> suggested, and it just goes back to the command prompt ( "D:\Program
> Files\SqueezeCenter>" ).

I'd say you've got a firewall issue, blocking access to SC. What product
are you using?

--

Michael

NFLnut
2009-03-23, 17:35
I don't have any firewalls running. The XP firewall is also shut down.

mherger
2009-03-24, 03:21
> I don't have any firewalls running. The XP firewall is also shut down.

Can you access "telnet <real IP here> 9090"? What about the web UI?

Michael

tbessie
2009-03-25, 00:49
Same prob here, running on both xp and vista. Tray icon "stop server" dont work.

Same for me - hasn't worked in a long long time. I'm running the 7.3.* beta.

- Tim

mherger
2009-03-25, 01:02
> Same for me - hasn't worked in a long long time. I'm running the 7.3.*
> beta.

Could please everybody with the same problem try the same diagnostics and
report results here? Antivirus, telnet etc.

Michael