PDA

View Full Version : Squeeze box remote

ladbroke
2008-11-28, 13:32
Hi all, Some help would be much appreciated! I've been trying to set up a Duet without much success. I've connected a transporter to the wireless network and this works almost without any problems. However when I came to connect the Duet the problems started. It finds my wireless network, and asks me to enter the WEP key, which I do. I then get the revolving circle whilst it tries to connect, and it reports that it's unable to. I've tried switching off the firewall (zonealarm), i've tried turning off wireless security and making it an open network. The error message states it could be an issue with MAC address filtering (this is turned off) or an incorrect network key (I'm positive I've entered the key correctly). It did connect to the network once, briefly, but was then unable to see the PC running SC. Since then it hasn't connected at all.

Any ideas?

RabanePaco
2008-12-02, 00:13
I just managed setting up the Duet yesterday, about one month after I bought it. Setting up the Duet was a real PIA. [Of course I didn't work on it continuously, but I must have tried at least five times for several hours each time]. I mostly also had the problems connecting with the server. Yesterday it suddenly worked! [I'm very, very happy with it now!]

Suggestions:
- Follow the manual (the one from the web) very carefully. Eventually reset the controller and restart all over. Start with the controller, then continue with the receiver, as the manual states.
- take care the receiver and controller has a good network connection. With a long audio cable you can relocate the receiver. My main problem probably was a marginal connection; moving the receiver a couple of feet made a difference. [I'll still move it some 10 feet more; hide it under a couch or so.] My routerinterface shows all the connections and their quality. This way you know something.
- for the rest you did all the usual things: disabling security (WiFi, firewalls, etc).

Just keep trying. Good luck.

Old100
2008-12-05, 07:57
Hi all, Some help would be much appreciated! I've been trying to set up a Duet without much success. I've connected a transporter to the wireless network and this works almost without any problems. However when I came to connect the Duet the problems started. It finds my wireless network, and asks me to enter the WEP key, which I do. I then get the revolving circle whilst it tries to connect, and it reports that it's unable to. I've tried switching off the firewall (zonealarm), i've tried turning off wireless security and making it an open network. The error message states it could be an issue with MAC address filtering (this is turned off) or an incorrect network key (I'm positive I've entered the key correctly). It did connect to the network once, briefly, but was then unable to see the PC running SC. Since then it hasn't connected at all.

Any ideas?

I had similar difficulties and I found out that the if SSID of the network is hidden the controller won't connect to the network no matter what.

RabanePaco
2008-12-06, 02:18
I had similar difficulties and I found out that the if SSID of the network is hidden the controller won't connect to the network no matter what.
That is a serious one! My original installation problems might have been caused by this too.

I checked 3 times, and I can't run the Squeezebox/Duet combo with a hidden SSID! When I have a running system and I hide my SSID the SqueezeBox stays on, but the controller looses network. When I restart the controller it can't make connection with the SqueezeBox. etc., etc.

Did someone report this to Slim Devices/Logitech? The FAQ mentioned you should enter your SSID if hidden. It doesn't say you can't hide it.

Addition:
I just found out there exists a bug list. The problem has been reported in Bug 8129 (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=8129). They are working on it. Current status: "This won't make [version] 7.3."