PDA

View Full Version : Playlist bug when player power is interrupted

Mark Lanctot
2008-11-28, 11:47
I have an SB2 that I use when I'm exercising. It's connected to a 2-channel amp that draws a lot of power, so I power the whole thing down from a power strip after I'm done.

Lately I've noticed that the Now Playing display reverts to the PREVIOUS track when I power it up again. Let's say my playlist consists of A, B, C. I play A, I start to play B, then I power down - usually stopping first but sometimes just pressing the power button (player set to stop on power down). I then cut power to the player.

When I power the player up again the Now Playing display is stuck at A, the previous track and one I've already played. Shouldn't it be on B? Oh and it doesn't necessarily stop at the first item in the playlist (A), if I stopped on C it would start at B on power on.

System details:

SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2.1 - 23771 @ Thu Nov 6 02:09:32 PST 2008 - Debian - EN - utf8
Perl Version: 5.10.0 x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
MySQL Version: 5.0.67-0ubuntu6
Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux

I'm not sure of the SB2 firmware version, it's powered down at the moment :-) - I seem to recall 113. I don't believe it matters, this seems like a server-side issue.

Is this a bug? I searched existing bug reports and couldn't find anything similar. What debug flags should I set?

Thank you!

Mark Lanctot
2008-12-02, 06:40
Bump - providing I get no response to the contrary, I'll play around with debugging flags which show which items are on the Now Playing playlist in order to make a bug report.

MeSue
2008-12-02, 07:52
I've noticed my playlists doing this a few times recently. I start playing and it is 1 or 2 songs back from where I left off when I stopped listening the last time. These players weren't powered off intentionally, but maybe there were short power outages that I slept through or never noticed. They happen often here.

You may be on to something, though I can't help with what debug flags to set... sorry.