PDA

View Full Version : Sqeezecenter will not open in browser - network error

dwstraile
2008-11-27, 12:53
SC wont open and I get this message.

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.
'
For assistance, contact your network support team."

I can still run internet radio directly through the box but it strangely has interruption every 20 seconds or so.

Worked fine for months before this. The rest on my network, including internet works fine.

Any help would be great. Thanks, DW

mherger
2008-11-27, 14:25
> Network Error (tcp_error)
>
> A communication error occurred: ""
> The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems
> preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at
> a later time.
> '
> For assistance, contact your network support team."

This doesn't sound like a message I've ever seen in a browser. Is this
displayed instead of the page? Or in a dialog box? Would you mind sharing
a screenshot?

Michael

dwstraile
2008-11-28, 16:30
Comes up in the browser instead of a page. I copied it directly word for word. Not sure what a screen shot is. Thanks for responding but enjoy your thanksgiving before concerning yourself with this.

Thanks again, DW

dwstraile
2008-11-28, 16:32
Tried a reinstall but that did not help.

dwstraile
2008-11-28, 16:50
it appears that the squeezecenter is running but the web interface is what is not loading up.

dwstraile
2008-12-06, 20:26
Please help. Found out that it has something to do with my router/network. At hotspots away from home I get the set up assistant so it is simply not loading from my network.

mherger
2008-12-07, 08:26
> Please help. Found out that it has something to do with my
> router/network.

What router are you using? How are you trying to access SC (address in the browser's address bar)? What's your computer's detailed IP configuration ("ipconfig /all" from a command window)? Is SC run on the same machine as you'd like to access it from? If not, what's its IP configuration?

--

Michael

dwstraile
2008-12-07, 14:40
Will get back with you soon. Am at the library right now and just loaded SC just fine on their qireless system. Interesting, so at least I know it has something to do with my system.

DW

dwstraile
2008-12-07, 15:31
Now back home. One thing I noticed: Bottom left of screen where it says loading, waiting etc. - rather than saying just 127.0.0.1 it switches to 75.105.200.115... before network error.

Netgear router.
SC run on same machine

dwstraile
2008-12-07, 21:02
This has got to be something simple. It is not a firewall, I had it working at the library on this computer. I got to tell you, I am ready to throw this thing out. I was going to get another one with a controller but I doubt it after this fiasco.

Last chance, Please Help!

DW

stranger blue
2008-12-07, 21:18
I've just recovered from a similar problem on an iMac using OSX 10.5

The eventual solution was to uninstall all traces of the previous installations of squeezecenter in library-application support and in user-library-application support and in the user-library-cache folder and then reinstall squeezecenter.

I hope this helps.

dwstraile
2008-12-08, 09:59
I will give it a try. Thanks Stranger blue.

DW

dwstraile
2008-12-08, 20:02
No luck SB

mherger
2008-12-08, 20:42
Please give us the IP configuration (address, gateway, dns) of your SC computer and the SB.

--

Michael

dwstraile
2008-12-09, 16:28
Hey guys I got it. I replaced 127.0.0.1:9000 and typed in my direct ip address then:9000.

Maybe a no brainer but it took me awhile. I thought it had to be 127.0.0.1 as that worked at other locations and that is what squeeze docs said. Hopefully this resolved it in full.

Thanks! DW