PDA

View Full Version : Album Art Display !

technojunkie
2008-11-27, 06:50
Does any one please know why the album art does not appear on the Duet controller while I am browsing an Artists albums but does appear when I "play all" or a single track of an album.

For example, if I go in to Nickleback, two albums are shown but not the album cover artwork. However, if I play a track or tracks off of either album, the artwork appears when "now playing".

This seems to be happening to only some artists/albums and particularly those that I have recently added to the library.

I am running Windows XP and all album artwork files are named "folder" and are 200 x 200 jpeg images.

Thankyou for any helpful advice.

Siduhe
2008-11-27, 07:06
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but you don't mention it above. Have you done a "full clear and rescan" - depending on how you added the new music to your library, you may need to do this type of scan rather than a new and changed music scan.

technojunkie
2008-11-29, 02:22
Thank you for the post Sidhue.

It's not a dumb question at all. It turned out that it was me being dumb and not running a "full clear and rescan".

All artwork now showing correctly.

Thanks again

sandun
2008-12-03, 12:25
Thank you for the post Sidhue.

It's not a dumb question at all. It turned out that it was me being dumb and not running a "full clear and rescan".

All artwork now showing correctly.

Thanks again

You are not the only one. I have been trying to get the art work to show up with out any luck (tried "rescans" multiple times, as well as server reboots). Luckily came across this thread :)

The "full clear and rescan" worked.

Thanks for the tip.

Forrest
2008-12-05, 14:52
If a full clear and rescan still doesn't work, go to the Support FAQ section on this website and find Answer ID # 8377 titled: Troubleshooting: Clearing the SqueezeCenter Prefs file and Cache folder on Windows. Answer ID #8381 is the same procedure, but for Mac OS X.

This procedure always works for me when the album art dissapears.