PDA

View Full Version : Working on VortexBox 0.2 need community input

agillis
2008-11-26, 22:49
I have created VortexBox mostly for the Squeezebox community. I have received very positive feedback from the users that are currently using VortexBox. Now I need information on how to make it better. What other features can I add to make it better.

I already have Auto ripping to FLAC and MP3, auto downloading cover art, and automatic loading into Squeezecenter.

I am working on itunes support, better MDNS support for OSX, and UPNP support.

What else do I need to make this the best all in one media server for the Squeezebox community?

upstatemike
2008-11-27, 08:31
I was wondering if there is a way to configure Vortexbox to be a ripper/tagger only and run Squeezecenter on a different box? I have sqeezecenter on a low power Eee Box that runs 24/7 but has no optical drive. I would have no problem firing up another machine to do ripping and tagging but I want to keep my low energy music server as is.

agillis
2008-11-28, 09:30
Sure you could do that. Just rip the files using VortexBox then copy the files over. VortexBox shares out files using samba but you could also use something like rsync. If you kept your VortexBox rsynced to your eeepc you would always have a backup of your files and you could keep your VortexBox off when you weren't ripping.