PDA

View Full Version : customer support?

pippout
2008-11-26, 08:31
desperation posting
what do you have to do to get support?
i'vw posted 5 times and emailed 3 times - plenty of auto-responses, no real person responses
i realise this is what generally passes for support nowadays, but expected better from logitech

Mnyb
2008-11-26, 10:38
If you are in U.S or similar time zone you can Call.
http://www.slimdevices.com/su_tech.html#phone

Phone Call works much better in real life, as in all support get a name and number and mail to the person handling your case.

My experience of mail support is good, could take 24-48hrs to respond.

If I had a really tuff problem I would, probably call the U.S support anyway, that would be a very early morning or late night for me.

It would be nice with an European callcenter (please ).

Edit: Pippout where is your 5 posts ? acording to stats this is/was your one and only post ?

pippout
2008-11-26, 12:13
here

http://slimdevices.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/slimdevices.cfg/php/enduser/myq_upd.php?p_sid=QCi6wTjj&p_accessibility=&p_redirect=&p_created=1227269019&p_iid=3423734&p_faqid=&&p_iid=3423734&p_created=1227269019&login_btn=%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2% A0%C2%A0Login%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0% C2%A0%C2%A0

on what's laughingly called a support forum
also at least 3 emails via website
i'm not after a reply to my 2 problems - more a "how the hell do you get support?" query

phil

mvalera
2008-11-26, 13:21
Did you try calling?

What are your support ticket numbers?

Are you in the US?

Mike

Anoop M.
2008-11-26, 14:52
Sorry your tickets got lost in our ticketing system some how.

I have replied to one of your incidents.

Can you please tell me how you were submitting the tickets?

pippout
2008-11-27, 07:46
well finally a response!
above is the question reference and your response to me contains my previous attempts to get support

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Phillip,

I want to first apologize for the delay in response.

I saw your thread on the forums and looked you up in our system.

It seems as though your incidents have gotten lost in our ticket system.

Can I ask how exactly you sent in your requests?

On regards to your issue, could you please describe the problem you are having with your Duet?
Customer (Philip Chadwick) 11/21/2008 04:01 AM
your customer support is crap
Auto-Response 11/21/2008 04:01 AM
This is an autoresponse message. We have received your support request and will be responding soon.

Customer (Philip Chadwick) 11/12/2008 05:54 AM
what do i have to do to get a response??
Auto-Response 11/12/2008 05:54 AM
This is an autoresponse message. We have received your support request and will be responding soon.

Customer (Philip Chadwick) 11/01/2008 09:26 AM
anyone there??
Auto-Response 11/01/2008 09:26 AM

Customer (Philip Chadwick) 10/25/2008 07:31 AM
hi
just installing - the boom is connecting ok, internet radio working, mp3s playing of pc but i am getting no pin to access squeeze network
Auto-Response 10/25/2008 07:31 AM

Question Reference #081025-002460
Product Level 1: Logitech
Product Level 2: Wireless Music Systems
Product Level 3: Squeezebox Boom
Date Created: 10/25/2008 07:31 AM
Last Updated: 11/26/2008 12:55 PM
Operating System: Windows XP
Slim Software: SqueezeNetwork
Version: xx.x.x

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i would point ou my name is incorrectly spelled and i don't understand the reference to my "duet"??
the original problem is mentioned above - namely that i never got a pin to access squeeze network tho' the system does appear to work - if i am short of some content i am unaware what it is because it isn't there (if you see what i mean)
the other attempts i made to get support were directly through the website email techsupport form - a second problem arose when the device kept insisting it had an unfinished update but failed to respond to its own advice of scrolling back etc, i submitted 3 webforms with no response and then began to get annoyed
phil

pippout
2008-11-28, 15:02
another day passes, support remains noticeable for its absence
should i have gone for linn?

Siduhe
2008-11-28, 15:06
When you connect your Boom to Squeezenetwork for the first time, it should display your PIN on the screen, which you can then enter into the Squeezenetwork interface. What happens when you try this?

pippout
2008-11-30, 05:01
hi
sorry if this appears overly sarcastic but ................
if you read the previous you would see this question answered
to reiterate: when i first connected i got no pin - the pin was conspicuous in its absence - it was not there
the device appeared to work ok but obviously if i have content missing due to not being registered i wouldn't know what was missing
i then got a message that an update was uncomplete - though it did say (5of 5) which indicates completion to me so .............. i followed the on-screen prompts but the device did not complete any updates merely resetting to the clock - i have had it switched off now for over a week awaiting some response to my many requests for support - it was simply acting as a very expensive clock!
phil

amcluesent
2008-11-30, 06:18
>the pin was conspicuous in its absence - it was not there<

It was an ex-PIN, it had ceased to be...

Seriously, connect to Squeezenetwork. Scroll to the menu, Settings->Player PIN.

pippout
2008-11-30, 10:47
thanks but no joy
under settings player i have:name/model/firmware/ip/port/mac/wireless signal
no pin
as i say it seems to be working inasmuch as a new cd added today to mp3 folder is there and playing on boom but ............
btw i did a factory reset as well
phil

amcluesent
2008-11-30, 11:13
>under settings player...<

Yep. Under Settings->Information->Player Information you have that.

As I said, you need to use the menus to have Boom connect to the SqueezeNetwork, then navigate to Settings->Player PIN.

pippout
2008-12-01, 14:44
if i am missing the bleeding obvious, i apologise
but when i say i have no pin under settings, i mean i have no pin under settings
the only settings i have are those listed - i see no pin amongst them
i have done a re-set, reconnected twice now and got no pin

bpa
2008-12-01, 15:24

The above looks like you are one level too deep in the setting menu.

When the SB is connected to Squeezenetwork the following are the menu items under Settings.
*Information
*Shuffle
*Repeat
*Alarm clock
*Synchronize
*Audio
*Display
*Langauge
*TimeZone
*Player PIN
*Music Source

Is "Player PIN" the only item missing from the menu displayed on your SB ?

Siduhe
2008-12-01, 15:31
You may want to doublecheck that you have the Squeezenetwork settings menu in your menu setup - if you log into the Squeezenetwork web page and navigate to the Player menus (Players/[Player Name] Settings/Main Menu and check that Settings is somewhere on the list).

Then go back to the Squeezecenter web page and select Extras/Music Source/Squeezenetwork and see if you can then scroll down to the Settings menu using the remote or the central button (assuming you have a Boom).

Anoop M.
2008-12-01, 16:45
I am still a bit confused on this whole situation.

I looked at the OP's SqueezeNetwork account and he already has a Boom attached to it.

Is he wanting to move this Boom to a different account?

Why does he need the PIN if he is already connected and setup with SN?

Is this a different Boom?

toby10
2008-12-02, 04:26
thanks but no joy
no pin
as i say it seems to be working inasmuch as a new cd added today to mp3 folder is there and playing on boom but ............
btw i did a factory reset as well
phil

He might be getting this info from SC > Settings > Information
Which does not list the PIN (though it probably would be a good idea to add this)

pippout: Everyone in here is giving you instructions to get this information from the menu's on the Boom itself, not in SC. You may well be accessing the Boom menu's correctly as instructed, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't confusion between SC menu's and Boom menu's. :)

DeVerm
2008-12-02, 06:08
Adding a receiver here, I actually got the player PIN displayed on the controller and went on to SN to add the player. While entering it and it's name I notice that it's already in the list automagically. I never got the message that this was done etc. so it can get very confusing for a new user who isn't a geek like most of us are.... incl. me ;-) I remember I was confused the first time (older software) as you end up on SN wanting to add the player but don't know the PIN and when you finally find it, you don't need it anymore because the player is added automatically. Better to remove that whole "Add Player" section when one never can use it!

A support response that claims the requests were lost while at the same time listing them in a response doesn't help either because they obviously weren't lost when a support member can quote them in the response.

One-liner support requests that include terms like "crap" don't help either.

cheers,
Nick.

pippout
2008-12-05, 04:09
thanks to advice from this forum - and i stand by my description of customer support as ordure! - i finally found my pin
this was not a 4 digit code as mentioned in set up, but a 5 character alphanumeric code!
entered on pc and i now have an officially connected boom
why don't they print a proper manual? what amounts to a quick start guide is ambiguous and misleading - hypothetical question really, no one seems to have proper manuals and decent on line support nowadays
the strange update incomplete message seems to have resolved itself now as well
do thanks to everyone who pitched in - now down to digitising my large vinyl library and deciding what bit rates are appropriate - or should that be another thread?
phil