PDA

View Full Version : Shipping costs

sellars
2008-11-24, 18:50
Hello,
I just wanted to order another SBR, but once I got to see the shipping costs, I had to re-think. $64.25 for a $134.99 item? There must be a cheaper way. I want it tto be shipped to Burnaby, BC, Canada.

reverber
2008-11-24, 22:20
Maybe that includes the PST/GST?

Or was there something about paying UPS a brokerage fee to get things across the border? It's been a while since I have dealt with that fun.

Cody

cousinjerry
2008-11-25, 12:39
I need a new remote for mine SB. A $29.99 remote ships to Canada for the low low price of $57.57.

Guess I'm not getting one. Don't you love being Canadian and getting taken advantage of?!

sellars
2008-11-25, 13:31
I give the Slimdevices folks the benefit of the doubt, but I suggest implementing cheaper shipping methods (USPS Ground anyone?)

Can you Slimdevices people comment on this please?

By the way: I have seen the Duet as a complete package at Futureshop, but not the individual components - but I didn't ask back when I saw them. Maybe they can sell us what we need?

jfo
2008-11-25, 17:06
You could give the local resellers listed here a call....

http://www.slimdevices.com/au_resellers.html#britishcolumbia

Jim

sellars
2008-11-25, 18:37
Thanks for the suggestions as to try the resellers, but I already had some bad experiences with them when I wanted to buy the duet earlier this year. Right now, I just called Commercial Electronics and they pretty much said they only sell the complete duet system and not just the SBR. They would have to "special order" it for me with their next bulk order from Logitech, which means I'd have to wait forever.
I figured that once the Logitech name came into play, these kinds of issues would be resolved. Maybe someone is listening? (hint hint)!

Adding to that, even more ridiculous: I go to the Canadian Logitech website and add a SBR to my cart ($169 CAN) and I end up on the slimdevices page where I am getting prices quoted in US$. Is this a joke, Slimdevices?!

Gramophone
2008-11-30, 20:41
We are squeezebox resellers in Edmonton - we carry a large amount of stock including extra controllers and receivers for the Duet. Are you asking for a new IR remote control? We can certainly supply one but in almost 3 years as a reseller for Canada, we have never been asked for a new remote control. I just ordered six more Booms yesterday and if you want a something that we do not have on hand, we can add it to our order, plus we have no PST in Alberta, so there is a savings for you there as well.

info'@'gramophone.ca Please remove the single quote marks, of course.

Kind Regards,
Bryan

sellars
2008-12-15, 13:50
You guys seriously rock. Anyone living in Western Canada should contact Gramophone if they consider a purchase. Not only have you gone the extra mile of taking a SBR out of a duet set, but you shipped fast, were extremely courteous on the phone and the product was packaged really well.
Compare this to any of the resellers in Vancouver who said they did not have a SBR standalone in stock.
Than you Gramophone, I will send my friends to you, too!

We are squeezebox resellers in Edmonton - we carry a large amount of stock including extra controllers and receivers for the Duet. Are you asking for a new IR remote control? We can certainly supply one but in almost 3 years as a reseller for Canada, we have never been asked for a new remote control. I just ordered six more Booms yesterday and if you want a something that we do not have on hand, we can add it to our order, plus we have no PST in Alberta, so there is a savings for you there as well.

info'@'gramophone.ca Please remove the single quote marks, of course.

Kind Regards,
Bryan

Echo
2008-12-16, 00:37
We are squeezebox resellers in Edmonton - we carry a large amount of stock including extra controllers and receivers for the Duet.
Good to know, thanks! You're local for me.