PDA

View Full Version : Protection case for Duet???

Louise Straus
2008-11-24, 11:29
Dear all
I am looking for some kind of protectin case for my Duet.
I am thingking of somting similar as the Silicon, crystal-plastic or metal Case used for mobil phones.

It would be helpfull if the duet could be charged in the case but if not posible, taking it off the case for charging could also be an option.

The reason why I urgedly need such a case are my kids...

Any one any idea?
L.

schiegl
2008-11-24, 12:46
Dear all
I am looking for some kind of protectin case for my Duet.
I am thingking of somting similar as the Silicon, crystal-plastic or metal Case used for mobil phones.

me, too :)

MeSue
2008-11-24, 14:27
I'm sure it's not the kind of protection you are looking for, but I made a case for my Controller so I could attach a clip or neckstrap. It also encloses the controller, so it provides some protection, but it's not pretty.

You can see what I did here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=55378

I agree it would be nice if Logitech came out with a custom silicone protective jacket for the Controller. Something like the Wii-mote jacket for the Wii controller. Better yet would be if it had a built in clip or strap connector.

But seeing how long it is taking for them to get Boom mounting brackets and extra Controller cradles in the online store, I am not holding my breath.

GREENY65
2008-11-24, 16:55
I Think It Would Be A Great Idea To Have One, As I Take My Duet Outside Alot When We Have A Bbq Or A Party...i Am Using A Old Mobile Phone Leather Case As It's The Right Size But I Can't Charge With It On. I Have Looked In The Stores But Can't Find A Thing.i Would Love Too Hear From Anyone That Does Find Something As The Squeezebox Duet Has Not Been Released In Australia & I Had To Get Mine From The States

Howard Passman
2008-11-25, 05:27
But seeing how long it is taking for them to get Boom mounting brackets and extra Controller cradles in the online store, I am not holding my breath.

Great product, but they are really missing out on the accessory sales. Of course that depends on the number of units in circulation. If they really don't have that many out, then the start up fopr accessories would be prohibitive. The cradle, there really doesn't seem to be an excuse for not having those available. I'd buy two right now and a slip on case similar to what you can use on an iPod.

Howard