PDA

View Full Version : Strange Duet issue - need some input

damager
2008-11-23, 21:35
I have 1 SB3, 3 Booms and 2 Duets. One of my Duets is paired with a T-Amp and drives some speakers on my patio.

I tried to play some music this afternoon, and I could select from my local library or Rhapsody just fine, but when it played, it would play 1-2 seconds of the music, then make a scratching noise, then play another second, then make a scratching noise.

I suspected the wireless signal - checked it from the Controller - it shows solid 100%. I also tried playing the other Duet in the house - works fine. Lastly, I tried rebooting the Duet Receiver and reset the T-Amp. Same problem.

What should I look at next - thanks in advance for your input.

radish
2008-11-24, 06:52
You could try the network test in SC (under Help/Server & Network Health) to see what that shows.

damager
2008-11-24, 08:18
You could try the network test in SC (under Help/Server & Network Health) to see what that shows.

Ok - ran tests - tried several different bitrates - all report 100%.

Mark Lanctot
2008-11-24, 12:51
Sounds like a weird decoder error - reset the SBR by pressing and holding the button for 6 seconds until it's blinking fast red. See http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SBRFrontButtonAndLED

If that doesn't resolve the issue, swap your SBRs around. If the noise follows, contact support.

damager
2008-11-24, 15:12
Thanks for the idea - tried it with no improvement. I'll try some swapping.

damager
2008-11-24, 15:31
Did a swap of the Duet receiver - same issue. Did a swap with another of the exact same Amp - same problem. Same issue with BOTH swap units.

These things are driving several outdoor rock speakers - can a short in the speaker wire cause problems like this?

radish
2008-11-24, 17:02
Sure, if the playback continues just with intermittent noise that could easily be a wiring, amplification or speaker issue.

radish
2008-11-24, 17:02
If you want to isolate that as the cause, try replacing the SBR with a CD player, ipod, or something like that.

damager
2008-11-28, 17:20
OK - quick update.

Checked my wiring, and redid the biggest outdoor wire connection, and everything seems to be working well now.

Thanks to all for the help.