PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to clear menu list positions?

tonyptony
2008-11-23, 15:06
I've been setting up my learning remote for various things, and I got around to the task of having a marco automatically start up my SB3 and other stereo equipment each morning to my desired 'net station. I've already had the SB3 remote "learned" into mine for quite some time, so that's no problem.

The problem is that if the SB3 is used during the day, the LEFT and DOWN pre-programmed sequence in my macro may not work because it is expecting all menu selection lists to be "clean" - that is, not in any "last used" position. Is there a way to clear all menu lists so that when I scroll into them they all start at Position 1?

radish
2008-11-23, 15:09
Why not hit one of the dedicated buttons like Browse so you're at a known location?

tonyptony
2008-11-23, 15:38
Hmm, I hadn't tried Browse yet. I did try adding my desired station to Favorites, but that didn't work. It seems the URL that is generated when the station is selected and played doesn't stay the same when the station is left but then selected again at another time, so when I picked it off the Faves list it just sat there doing nothing.

Oh, did you mean pick something like Browse or Now Playing? If so then ignore what I wrote above. I tried that, but when you navigate to a sub-menu (Now Playing -> go DOWN 2 to Internet Radio -> go RIGHT 1), when I land in that sub-menu there's no guarantee I'll be at list Position 1.

mherger
2008-11-24, 00:03
> I've been setting up my learning remote for various things, and I got
> around to the task of having a marco automatically start up my SB3 and
> other stereo equipment each morning to my desired 'net station. I've

You should teach it the press-and-hold-number action. Then assign your station to one of the buttons. No need to emulate key presses to navigate the menus.

--

Michael

tonyptony
2008-11-24, 05:52
>You should teach it the press-and-hold-number action.

I'll have to look that up. Never used it before, but it doesn't surprise me that there is yet another clever capability in this great piece of gear. Thanks.