PDA

View Full Version : Album art size restrictions?

Kvaksalver
2008-11-19, 07:29
Some of my album art doesn't show up on the controller. Is there a size limit to the files, resolution and data wise?

The files are all named 'Cover' and placed in the same folder as the music...

audio53
2008-11-21, 19:23
I don't know if there is a limit, but my images are 500x500 or less and I have no problems. My images are embedded using MuvUnderCover. Tell us what sizes are giving you trouble.

Regards,
Bob

finnbrodersen
2008-11-23, 14:22
As far as I understand it, there are other posts
in the forum of people having trouble displaying
cover art on the SBC

I for one is one (ha-ha)

Siduhe
2008-11-23, 14:29
One thing to check is the capitalisation of your files. cover.jpg is not the same as Cover.jpg. Squeezecenter needs the former.

MeSue
2008-11-23, 15:44
One thing to check is the capitalisation of your files. cover.jpg is not the same as Cover.jpg. Squeezecenter needs the former.

Isn't that only on *nix OSes? I have a mix of folder.jpg and Folder.jpg and it doesn't seem to be a problem on Windows.

finnbrodersen
2008-11-25, 05:11

As far as I know, Windoze does not care about the cASe of filenames, but I could be wrong

ANZAC
2008-11-29, 05:45
As far as I know, Windoze does not care about the cASe of filenames, but I could be wrong

if you save cover.jpg to a specific location and then try to save Cover.jpg to the same location, you will soon know if capitalisation is relevant on your system. i.e. if your system says, when saving the 2nd file, that "the file already exists and do you want to replace it?", then you will know that CaPs is not important?

Might bear remembering, depending on how widely you use your music, that some MP3 players will have a heart attack with cover art larger than 500 X 500? Anything over that size corrupts a Cowon D2 database for instance.

Hildebrandt
2008-12-05, 00:00
Some of my album art doesn't show up on the controller. Is there a size limit to the files, resolution and data wise?

The files are all named 'Cover' and placed in the same folder as the music...

Had same problem - solved it by doing total rescan of music library (not just scan for added/changed entries) - and at one time had success by removing the controller battery, waiting a minute and then reinsert it; thus forcing the controller to re-import all the artwork...

Whenever i add music i always have problems with artwork unless i do a total scan - the partial one never work for me...

MeSue
2008-12-05, 09:40
Whenever i add music i always have problems with artwork unless i do a total scan - the partial one never work for me...

So how is your cover art stored? embedded or folder.jpg or both?

Just curious because I use both and have never had an issue of cover art not showing on the Controller (knock on wood). Most of my cover art is 500x500 or larger. Sometimes there is a slight lag before it appears but it eventually shows up. The lag is only a few seconds.

Hildebrandt
2008-12-06, 23:33
So how is your cover art stored? embedded or folder.jpg or both?

Just curious because I use both and have never had an issue of cover art not showing on the Controller (knock on wood). Most of my cover art is 500x500 or larger. Sometimes there is a slight lag before it appears but it eventually shows up. The lag is only a few seconds.

Stored as folder.jpg in the individual music folders... Sizes 500x500 or less... And i still (last time: yesterday) have 1 or 2 covers that wont display on the controller... Odd - no display when browsing through albums, when entering album to see all tracks in the album, the cover appears on top... when exiting to browse through the other albums, it's still not displayed... This can happen to albums that had no problems displaying covers before...

But maybe i should try to embed the cover art... Never tried this before - advice/recommendations??

I love my Duet - but i get the feeling Logitech aren't in a hurry to fix these annoyances....

MeSue
2008-12-06, 23:50
But maybe i should try to embed the cover art... Never tried this before - advice/recommendations??

Maybe SC does better with embedded art. I do it because sometimes I copy music onto my PDA or laptop and it's just easier if it's embedded. Also, a certain program (WMP.... GRRR!) has a nasty habit of resizing all folder.jpg files to 200 pixels and setting them to hidden system files. I never intentionally run this program but sometimes it likes to impose itself on my system. So when that happens I can easily extract the full size cover back from the embedded art.

Oops... got off on a rant there...

There's an mp3tag script in the tagging section of this forum which will find all the folder.jpg and add it to your files as embedded art.