PDA

View Full Version : Why does Internet Radio hate me so

edgley
2008-11-19, 05:52
I buy it subs, I play with it often, but all it rewards me with are timeout messages.

I have my receiver set inside my DMZ, I have the IP reserved and I have a 20MB line which streams things fine, all day long.

Sometimes I hit play on a Radio IO station as many as 10 times and it still doesnt play, other days all it takes is one press (how hard I press doesnt seem to make a difference).

Any thoughts as to what I can do to show her move love in the chance of a taste of sweet sweet music?

edgley
2008-11-19, 06:14
My cheap sonos zp80 has just turned up.
Within 2mins of unpacking it I am listening to RadioIO.

Perhaps the developers could spring for one off Ebay and see what Sonos do differently for music?

peter
2008-11-19, 07:10
edgley wrote:
> My cheap sonos zp80 has just turned up.
> Within 2mins of unpacking it I am listening to RadioIO.
>

First of all, this is the most pleasant whine I've seen in a long time ;)
I never listen to RadioIO, but I just clicked on the 70s rock link and
it plays without any problems here.
And I'm all the way in Europe.

> Perhaps the developers could spring for one off Ebay and see what Sonos
> do differently for music?
>

Strange indeed.

Regards,
Peter

edgley
2008-11-19, 07:28
A whine? I am from England, I dont whine; I moan to myself and hope no-ones over hears :)

bpa
2008-11-19, 07:35
Since you got timeouts - did you increase the timeout setting ? (Settings/Advanced/Network/Radio Station timeout )

edgley
2008-11-19, 07:43
I most certainly have, its sitting at 30s and I have increased the buffer to try and help.

bpa
2008-11-19, 07:54
Any idea whether the problem stations are mainly WMA, MP3 or other ?
If they are WMA and you are on Windows - have you tried disabling "Native" decoding under Settings/Advanced/Filetypes. This will result in changing the the connection to the station from SB to the PC. This could show a protocol issue.

andyg
2008-11-19, 08:13
Enable some debug and you will get some clues: scan.scanner, player.streaming.direct, player.streaming.remote.