PDA

View Full Version : Library (artist album listing issues)

MOMENTUM
2008-11-18, 07:05
How can I stop listings of other cds (where an artist may appear from showing under that artist)

I have tried adjusting library setting but to no success.

Example

Under Artist “Ace Frehley” I just want to see his solo albums and not every KISS album her appears on.

I am probably missing a simple setting.

Any thoughts?

Thanx

aubuti
2008-11-18, 07:33
Check your tags, preferably using a good tagging program like mp3tag. The only way that SqueezeCenter would know that Ace Frehley was in Kiss would be if it was in your tags.

elziko
2008-11-18, 10:14
I also want the same and have achieved it by ensuring that all my TPE2/Album Artist tags are filled for all my albums and then I have the following settings checked in SqueezeCenter as shown in the attached image. Not all the settings are relevant but I know this setup works for me.

elziko
2008-11-18, 10:16
Oh, I also make sure that any compilation albums are tagged as compilation albums too!

firedog
2009-02-16, 07:43
I also want the same and have achieved it by ensuring that all my TPE2/Album Artist tags are filled for all my albums and then I have the following settings checked in SqueezeCenter as shown in the attached image. Not all the settings are relevant but I know this setup works for me.

HI-

I can't find these settings in squeezecenter. Where are they?

thanks

Dogberry2
2009-02-16, 08:14
I can't find these settings in squeezecenter. Where are they?Settings->Music Library

firedog
2009-02-17, 01:46

Hi-

Set up the settings as you said, nothing changed.Do TPE2 settings have a different name in other programs?

Moonbase
2009-02-17, 07:00
The thing that should be responsible for showing the KISS albums is that you may have »good« tags that show Ace Frehley being a contributor. In its default setting, SC will show »anything relevant« (i.e., all albums Ace Frehley contributed to by being an artist, composer, or conductor). You should be able to change that by setting »List albums by band« instead of »List albums by all artists for that album«.

TPE2 is another issue: Its an ID3v2 tag frame meaning »The Band«, not »The Album Artist«. Unfortunately there is no official tag frame in ID3v2 that specifies the album artist, so people have come up with lots of wrong and funny ways to specify the album artist.

For instance, iTunes and Winamp simply misuse the »Band« field TPE2 for that. That’s the reason why you can set SC to »handle TPE2 as Album Artist«. In FLAC and some MP3s, this field is usually called »ALBUMARTIST« (recognized by SC) and sometimes »ALBUM ARTIST« (with a blank; not currently recognized by SC; the foobar2000 community often uses this).

If you just start tagging your collection, the »cleanest« way would be to use TPE2 for the »band« and set an additional tag called »ALBUMARTIST«, so you can differentiate between both. In this case, set »Treat TPE2 MP3 tag as Band« in SC.

If you’re in need to be »compatible« with iTunes and/or Winamp, you’d want to use TPE2 for the »album artist«, thereby losing the possibility to tag »band«. In this case, setting an extra »ALBUMARTIST« is not needed (except maybe for other software you use), and you set »Treat TPE2 MP3 tag as Album Artist« in SC.