PDA

View Full Version : controller "searching" for receiver

SteveSatch
2008-11-18, 00:05
I have two duets that I just set up a few days ago. When I power up the remotes they are stuck searching for their receiver for ever. Most of the time they never do "find" the receiver. Any thoughts?

charlie
2008-11-18, 02:52
I have two duets that I just set up a few days ago. When I power up the remotes they are stuck searching for their receiver for ever. Most of the time they never do "find" the receiver. Any thoughts?

steve,
I had the same problem with my single duet setup. This following "normal working" and seemed to happen for no reason. Resetting receiver and controller to factory defaults and re-inputting the wireless SSID and wep numbers sorted it out. I also had low wireless signal issues - you can check this with a wireless laptop - so needed to install a wireless extender.
cheers
charlie

SteveSatch
2008-11-18, 08:14
Thanks for the reply. My wireless laptop is a little farther from the router than either duet receiveris and the laptop works fine. Maybe the duet needs a stronger signal though. Can you please give me some info about wireless extenders?
Thanks,
Steve

mr-b
2008-11-18, 11:07
I have the same problem with a Controller and intermittently it can't seem to connect to either a Receiver or SB3. It shows "Connecting to [SB-name]" forever and never times out. Controller is running 7.2 r3191.

The Music Source has my SC server ticked but it displays a blue wireless icon at the bottom. The manual says this means it is trying to connect to SC. I guess if it can't connect to SC then it won't know how to connect to the players.

The controller and all players are pingable from the SC 7.2.1 server and the SB3 works fine from its own remote. Wireless s/s is 66 and 84.
If I reboot the controller, magically it then connects (to SC and then to any player) just fine.

Any ideas?

charlie
2008-12-21, 09:26
Thanks for the reply. My wireless laptop is a little farther from the router than either duet receiveris and the laptop works fine. Maybe the duet needs a stronger signal though. Can you please give me some info about wireless extenders?
Thanks,
Steve

Steve, sorry for the late reply - you may be sorted by now. If not, the Hawking Wireless-G Range Extender HWREG1 seems to work fine, About 50-60 from Maplin, Amazon, BT, Dabs etc. My laptop signal strength (close to the duet receiver) is now "very good " to "excellent" after installing the Hawking,it was "poor" before and the SB system is now free of drop-outs. The laptop also worked fine before - but slow loading of a web page often disguises the effect of low signal strength.
cheers
charlie