PDA

View Full Version : RadioIO soundpass on Squeezecenter?

joeriz
2008-11-17, 19:49
I recently signed up for a soundpass with RadioIO and have entered my account info in Squeezenetwork (SN). I can use the soundpass just fine when logged into SN. However, I am not getting the commercial-free stream when using Squeezecenter (SC).

Has anyone else had this problem recently? The only thing I can think might be wrong is that my RadioIO account name (joeriz) does not match my SN account (my e-mail address). If it is a requirement that they match, it wasn't made clear. According to the 'help' screen at RadioIO I can not change my account name. And, as far as I can tell, on SN it has to be my e-mail address.

I'm guessing that SC does not have the ability to grab my RadioIO account name from SN...?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

andyg
2008-11-17, 20:17
Did you give SC your SN login information?

Are you playing the streams from within Internet Radio -> RadioIO, and not from within Staff Picks or RadioTime?

If both of the above are true, you should be fine.

joeriz
2008-11-18, 07:28
Did you give SC your SN login information?

Are you playing the streams from within Internet Radio -> RadioIO, and not from within Staff Picks or RadioTime?

If both of the above are true, you should be fine.

Hi Andy,

Yes, SC has my SN login information. Yes, I am playing from Internet Radio > RadioIO. It's still not working.

So it shouldn't matter that my SN account and my RadioIO account names do not match?

Thanks,
Joe

joeriz
2008-11-19, 10:08
__________________________________________________ _______________________

bump

andyg
2008-11-19, 15:10
Sorry, your account seems fine to me. I have no problems with SC and my RadioIO account, so I don't know what could be wrong.

If you want, you can enable the following debug options and email me a log to andy at slimdevices.com. (Don't paste it here.)

network.squeezenetwork
network.asynchttp
scan.scanner
player.streaming.direct

Enable these and then navigate to Internet Radio -> RadioIO and play the first station (70s Rock).

cruz123
2008-11-19, 17:17
I seem to have the same issue. I cannot access the commercial free (CF) streams through the player directly, i.e. internet radio > radioio. I can access the CF streams via SC and SN. For example, if I go to "browse" in SN and pull up the Radioio station list, I can click on play and the CF stream will play. I can then save the CF stream in my Favorites using the player remote. However, if I don't start the stream playing first and just click on "add to favorites" in SN, it saves the non-CF stream. Weird.

joeriz
2008-11-20, 07:47
I just wantd to follow up on this. I seem to have 'solved' the problem but I can't say exactly WHY it works nor do I know if the solution will stick.

From one of my Squeezeboxes, I tried deleting one of my RadioIO favorties (which was still playing the old commercial stream) and then went back through the menu (Internet Radio>RadioIO, etc.) and tried to play the station and also to re-save it as a favorite. This did not work...I was still getting the commercial stream. Also, I noticed that when I went to RadioIO via the menu the first thing that would pop up under RadioIO was the mesaage to 'Go to RadioIO.com to sign up for a soundpass...'. However, I noticed that I did NOT get this message when in SN, only when in SC.

So, on a lark, I went down to my PC and got into SC and started messing around. I went into 'Favorites' and deleted my RadioIO station favorite and then added it back by re-selecting it from the RadioIO menu. I noticed that when I clicked on the link that it gave me when I added it into favorties it was the stream with 'CF' (Commercial Free) in it. Sure enough, went back to both my Squeezeboxes and my Transporter and, viola, commercial free in SC.

I have absolutely no idea why this worked but it did. We'll see if it sticks.

Joe