PDA

View Full Version : Converting itunes music

Igloo
2008-11-17, 14:17
I'm almost ready to order a Logitech Duet, my entire cd collection is on itunes and I know I have to switch it all to mp3 format, what is the easiest way to do this? Thanks for any help

funkstar
2008-11-17, 14:26
Actually you don't *have* to convert it.

As long as it isn't protected (which it shouldn't be if you ripped it yourself) then SqueezeCenter will handle the transcoding when you play anything.

SqueezeCenter will also read all the data from your existing itunes library.

Oh, and welcome to the community :)

Igloo
2008-11-17, 14:40
Thank you, I'm so looking forward to having all my music easily enjoyed, does the volume control actually control the receivers volume or just the volume through the duet? Thanks

raaurora
2008-11-17, 16:08
Thank you, I'm so looking forward to having all my music easily enjoyed, does the volume control actually control the receivers volume or just the volume through the duet? Thanks

It controls the volume output leaving the duet going to your receiver. It does not control your stereo receiver.

socistep
2008-11-18, 04:22
It controls the volume output leaving the duet going to your receiver. It does not control your stereo receiver.

The best approach is to have your Duet set to 100% volume output and then control the volume through your receiver.

Cheers
Ian