PDA

View Full Version : Error: Rescan finds 0 artists

Jos Geluk
2008-11-17, 01:40
Hi all,

Rescanning my collection ends with the correct number of albums and tracks, but zero artists. The scanner.log reports:

[08-11-17 09:29:30.9406] Slim::Utils::SQLHelper::executeSQLFile (85) Error: Couldn't execute SQL statement: [INSERT INTO
contributor_album (role,contributor,album) SELECT DISTINCT role,contributor,album FROM contributor_track,tracks where t
racks.id=contributor_track.track;] : [DBD::mysql::db do failed: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constrai
nt fails (`slimserver/contributor_album`, CONSTRAINT `contributor_album_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`album`) REFERENCES `albums
` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE) at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Utils/SQLHelper.pm line 83, <$fh> line 36.
]

I have set all permissions on the music folder to drwxrwxrwx for all (using
sudo chmod -R a+rwX *), but the problem persists.
Squeezecenter can find the tracks through the Music Folder function, and identifies the artist correctly in that case.

This is Squeezecenter version 7.2.1 - 23630 on Ubuntu 8.10. And yes, my music collection has artist tags, the number of artists should be in the hundreds.

Please help.

Jos.

Jos Geluk
2008-11-18, 23:30
Bump. Anyone? Is this a very obvious question? Did I leave out important information?

thegords
2008-11-19, 16:43
Yep, I'm having this problem too, my error log shows:

[08-11-19 23:29:47.4002] Slim::Utils::SQLHelper::executeSQLFile (85) Error: Couldn't execute SQL statement: [INSERT INTO contributor_album (role,contributor,album) SELECT DISTINCT role,contributor,album FROM contributor_track,tracks where tracks.id=contributor_track.track;] : [DBD::mysql::db do failed: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`slimserver/contributor_album`, CONSTRAINT `contributor_album_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`album`) REFERENCES `albums` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE) at /<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Utils/SQLHelper.pm line 83, <$fh> line 36.
]

Can anybody help out with this?

thegords
2008-11-19, 16:58
By sheer luck I managed to get SC to recognise the artists!

All I did though was to click on an MP3 file, it popped up in iTunes (adding itself to the itunes library)... when I rescanned in SC, it then found all my artists!

Jos Geluk
2008-11-20, 13:11
My artists have reappeared as well, by rescanning. I'm not sure what I did to solve the problem, it feels like they could be gone the next rescan.
Anyway it would be nice to have some developer comment on the SQL error.

Jos.