PDA

View Full Version : SlimServer 5.1.3 and http streaming



John Gorst
2004-04-18, 15:36
Http streaming seems to be broken in this release. Winamp connects,
however it is not possible to start playing a song using the web
interface, every time I press 'play' on the interface (handheld) it
comes up with the following in the log:

SlimServer has started!
getpeername() on closed socket GEN6 at /PerlApp/IO/Socket.pm line 206.
Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at
C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Cache/C/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/HTML/Handheld/status.html
line 1107.
Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at
C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Cache/C/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/HTML/Handheld/status.html
line 1125.
Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at
C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Cache/C/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/HTML/Handheld/status.html
line 1145.
Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at
C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Cache/C/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/HTML/Handheld/status.html
line 1163.
Clearing output buffer
Clearing output buffer

If I am using the default skin the following appears:
Clearing output buffer
Clearing output buffer
file error - 1: not found
file error - 1: not found
file error - 1: not found
file error - 1: not found

I can play the exact same songs using through a softsqueeze, so I know
that slimserver can play the songs.

The odd thing is that I can get radio mp3 streams to play over the http
interface.

Also got the following line in the debug window, after which I was
unable to connect to the server
Wide character in syswrite at /PerlApp/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 1135.

John Gorst
2004-04-18, 16:05
After a reboot I am still getting the same problems (i.e. can not play
mp3s to winamp), however there are no errors in the debug log any more.
Strange!

John Gorst wrote:

>
> Http streaming seems to be broken in this release. Winamp connects,
> however it is not possible to start playing a song using the web
> interface, every time I press 'play' on the interface (handheld) it
> comes up with the following in the log:
>
> SlimServer has started!
> getpeername() on closed socket GEN6 at /PerlApp/IO/Socket.pm line 206.
> Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at
> C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Cache/C/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/HTML/Handheld/status.html
> line 1107.
> Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at
> C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Cache/C/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/HTML/Handheld/status.html
> line 1125.
> Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at
> C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Cache/C/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/HTML/Handheld/status.html
> line 1145.
> Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at
> C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Cache/C/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/HTML/Handheld/status.html
> line 1163.
> Clearing output buffer
> Clearing output buffer
>
> If I am using the default skin the following appears:
> Clearing output buffer
> Clearing output buffer
> file error - 1: not found
> file error - 1: not found
> file error - 1: not found
> file error - 1: not found
>
> I can play the exact same songs using through a softsqueeze, so I know
> that slimserver can play the songs.
>
> The odd thing is that I can get radio mp3 streams to play over the http
> interface.
>
> Also got the following line in the debug window, after which I was
> unable to connect to the server
> Wide character in syswrite at /PerlApp/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 1135.

dean
2004-04-18, 21:15
Hi John,

I can't reproduce this problem here. What OS are you running?

-dean


On Apr 18, 2004, at 4:05 PM, John Gorst wrote:

>
> After a reboot I am still getting the same problems (i.e. can not play
> mp3s to winamp), however there are no errors in the debug log any
> more. Strange!
>
> John Gorst wrote:
>
>> Http streaming seems to be broken in this release. Winamp connects,
>> however it is not possible to start playing a song using the web
>> interface, every time I press 'play' on the interface (handheld) it
>> comes up with the following in the log:
>> SlimServer has started!
>> getpeername() on closed socket GEN6 at /PerlApp/IO/Socket.pm line 206.
>> Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at
>> C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Cache/C/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/HTML/
>> Handheld/status.html line 1107.
>> Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at
>> C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Cache/C/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/HTML/
>> Handheld/status.html line 1125.
>> Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at
>> C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Cache/C/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/HTML/
>> Handheld/status.html line 1145.
>> Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at
>> C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Cache/C/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/HTML/
>> Handheld/status.html line 1163.
>> Clearing output buffer
>> Clearing output buffer
>> If I am using the default skin the following appears:
>> Clearing output buffer
>> Clearing output buffer
>> file error - 1: not found
>> file error - 1: not found
>> file error - 1: not found
>> file error - 1: not found
>> I can play the exact same songs using through a softsqueeze, so I
>> know that slimserver can play the songs.
>> The odd thing is that I can get radio mp3 streams to play over the
>> http interface.
>> Also got the following line in the debug window, after which I was
>> unable to connect to the server
>> Wide character in syswrite at /PerlApp/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 1135.
>
>

John Gorst
2004-04-19, 01:42
Hi

I am running XP.

In the light of day I have sorted out the problem. I edited config.conf
last night and deleted the line
mp3 mp3 http *
-

And in its place I put
mp3 mp3 http 192.168.2.2
[lame] --resample 44100 --silent -b 320 $FILE$ -

I need to have both lines in place for it to work. Very odd that it
caused such odd effects in the debug log though!
Is this the correct behaviour to require both of these lines - I can't
remember if this was the case in previous versions?

Still around a 5 second delay for slimserver --> winamp with this
release! I still can not work out where this extra buffer is coming
from! Bug 248. In my calculations there is about 150kb buffer between
winamp and slimserver, however only about 16k of that is due to winamp
(tested connected to an old shoutcst streaming server with no buffer in
the server). 150k does not sound a lot but it produces a 5 second delay
when streaming at 320kbs, and more if using lower rates.

Cheers

dean blackketter wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I can't reproduce this problem here. What OS are you running?
>

kdf
2004-04-19, 02:01
you shouldn't have had to edit the convert.conf. what you have done does work,
but you bypass many other feature available for streaming, such as using
?bitrate=128 in the url to set it to 128kbps. The default rate limit is 320 so
that should work fine for mp3 files, allowing them to pass through just find
using the default convert.conf. What types of files are you playing? MOV/AAC
files dont have a bitrate returned (for example), so that can cause problems.

-kdf



Quoting John Gorst <john_gorst (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>:

>
> Hi
>
> I am running XP.
>
> In the light of day I have sorted out the problem. I edited config.conf
> last night and deleted the line
> mp3 mp3 http *
> -
>
> And in its place I put
> mp3 mp3 http 192.168.2.2
> [lame] --resample 44100 --silent -b 320 $FILE$ -
>
> I need to have both lines in place for it to work. Very odd that it
> caused such odd effects in the debug log though!
> Is this the correct behaviour to require both of these lines - I can't
> remember if this was the case in previous versions?
>
> Still around a 5 second delay for slimserver --> winamp with this
> release! I still can not work out where this extra buffer is coming
> from! Bug 248. In my calculations there is about 150kb buffer between
> winamp and slimserver, however only about 16k of that is due to winamp
> (tested connected to an old shoutcst streaming server with no buffer in
> the server). 150k does not sound a lot but it produces a 5 second delay
> when streaming at 320kbs, and more if using lower rates.
>
> Cheers
>
> dean blackketter wrote:
> > Hi John,
> >
> > I can't reproduce this problem here. What OS are you running?
> >
>
>
>

John Gorst
2004-04-19, 02:41
kdf wrote:

I was streaming mp3 files.
I hardcode slimserver to transcode everything upto 320kbps sent to
192.168.2.2 as a http stream. This is in order to reduce the latency
between commands made in the web interface and what is actually played
in WinAmp (WinAmp set to minimal 16k buffer). The latency is 8 seconds
at 192kbps and 5 seconds at 320kbps. Some where there is a ~150k buffer
(32*5=~150), and it definetly is not in WinAmp as when listening to
streams from other software the latency is about 1 second.

Cheers

> you shouldn't have had to edit the convert.conf. what you have done does work,
> but you bypass many other feature available for streaming, such as using
> ?bitrate=128 in the url to set it to 128kbps. The default rate limit is 320 so
> that should work fine for mp3 files, allowing them to pass through just find
> using the default convert.conf. What types of files are you playing? MOV/AAC
> files dont have a bitrate returned (for example), so that can cause problems.
>
> -kdf