PDA

View Full Version : Synchronize Barix exstreamers

triscleeire
2008-11-13, 08:18
I have two Barix Exstreamers connected to my LAN and both are visible on SqueezeCentre and both can play individually or even at the same time.
When trying to synchronize them using the "Synchronize" option on the web browser SC does show the other Player but does not allow me to tick the box thus synchronizing the players.
Any idea why this would be so and what can be done about it?
Thanks a lot

andyg
2008-11-13, 08:31
On Nov 13, 2008, at 10:18 AM, triscleeire wrote:

>
> I have two Barix Exstreamers connected to my LAN and both are
> visible on
> SqueezeCentre and both can play individually or even at the same time.
> When trying to synchronize them using the "Synchronize" option on the
> web browser SC does show the other Player but does not allow me to
> tick
> the box thus synchronizing the players.
> Any idea why this would be so and what can be done about it?
> Thanks a lot

I assume these are using stream.mp3? You cannot sync the audio for
stream.mp3.

triscleeire
2008-11-15, 13:46
Hi andyg,
thanks for your info. Yes, I am using stream.mp3. Anything I can do to allow syncronisation?

Can I play my files in a different mode than stream.mp3?
Thanks again.

radish
2008-11-15, 13:57
No, sync is only possible for players using the native streaming method (which means physical SB players, softsqueeze, squeezeslave, etc).

habazot
2008-11-24, 05:41
No, sync is only possible for players using the native streaming method (which means physical SB players, softsqueeze, squeezeslave, etc).

I have a few Extreamers myself, and are just looking into this same issue.
I presume you know that you can permanently piggyback one Extreamer to the other and make them play in sync? But I guess you want to have the option of splitting them as well..

Is the native streaming method based on RTP? The Extreamers also support the RTP protocol..

Maybe it would prove possible to modify squeezeslave, softsqueeze or slimp3slave to act as a "proxy" to the Extreamers?
Send the audio straight through and map native control commands to the Extreamer interfaces?

I have the models including the amplifier and would like to be able to control volume etc. through SqueezeCenter...
Looking into integration with LinuxMCE as well..

Regards

radish
2008-11-24, 06:49
Is the native streaming method based on RTP? The Extreamers also support the RTP protocol..

No, it's slimproto.

Maybe it would prove possible to modify squeezeslave, softsqueeze or slimp3slave to act as a "proxy" to the Extreamers?
Send the audio straight through and map native control commands to the Extreamer interfaces?

Sure, that might help. You'll still have buffering on the network link from Squeezeslave to the exstreamer though, and unless you have very fine grained control over that you'll have trouble maintaining perfect sync.

SBR's are cheaper than the exstreamers though, it might be less hassle just to replace them :)