PDA

View Full Version : Duet Extras Display?

Bert57
2008-11-13, 07:26
When i select "extras" on the controller there are only 2 listings: sounds and effects and info browser. On the computer there are around 10 different selections including plugins. Is this an error in settings? Would like to have the dl'ed plugins accessible here or somewhere else. Is there a way?
Thanks
Steve

MeSue
2008-11-13, 10:29
It depends on the plugins. Not all of them are available on the Controller. And some things are in different places on the Controller vs. the WebUI. For instance, alarm clock is under extras on the webUI, but it's under settings on the Controller.

Tell us what you are missing and maybe we can point you in the right direction.

Bert57
2008-11-13, 11:02
Thanks!
Missing are:
Album Review
Biography
Several others are mia but these are the two I'm most interested in. Are they available on the controller?
Thanks
Steve

bonze
2008-11-13, 11:29
Album Review and Biography are available from the Now Playing screen.

MeSue
2008-11-13, 11:32
I don't use those two but I would try to track down the author's page to see if the Controller is supported and to be sure you have the latest version of the plugin installed. Or search the plugins forum for the plugin name to see what has been posted here about them.

Bert57
2008-11-13, 12:20
Bonze
Thanks but it doesn't show on my controller at now playing. All I see at now playing is the album art, song, and time remaining. Is there something I have to do to get to it?
Sue
Appreciate the advice. Been reading all morning trying to find something about this. Will continue.
Steve

bonze
2008-11-13, 12:40
Press the centre button for more options and info.

Bert57
2008-11-13, 13:16
Thanks. It'll be the first thing I do when I get home.
Steve

Bert57
2008-11-14, 06:48
Bonze
Tried it last night and you are correct. Center button got me to album review/Bio. Now if I could just get them to work.
Album review comes up with:
blonde on blonde if<a href="http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p= and
type of text. It has an occassional line or two of the review then back to the computer stuff.
Any suggestions?
Steve

bonze
2008-11-14, 11:39
Sorry no - can't help with that one.
Was there no resolution from the author in your other thread?

Bert57
2008-11-14, 13:17
Nothing so far with the Album Review/Bio fix. Feel sure Michael has a lot to do. Will address it again in the previous thread.
Thanks again for the info on the center button.
With the duet there is so much that can be done if one just knows how.
Steve

ewreck
2008-11-15, 06:50
Is this only availeble in version 7.3 because i have 7.2.1 and i don't see album revieuw and bio, or am i missing something here?

Bert57
2008-11-15, 07:52
Both are plugins that must be dl'ed and added to the plugins folder (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/PluginsAudio). They are both nice to have and work great on the web but for me I have been unable to get it right on the controller.
steve

ewreck
2008-11-15, 15:00
Ok thanx got them installed and running, thnx m8

Bert57
2008-11-17, 07:56
Problem with Album Review and Bio turned out to be my mistake with installing MHCPAN.
These are great plugins and anyone who enjoys reading about an album or artist should give give a try.
Steve

chi-tunes
2009-01-12, 13:32
It depends on the plugins. Not all of them are available on the Controller. And some things are in different places on the Controller vs. the WebUI. For instance, alarm clock is under extras on the webUI, but it's under settings on the Controller.

Tell us what you are missing and maybe we can point you in the right direction.

Bonze,

I just activated MusicIP, which I have used a stand-alone app. But it's not listed on the controller or in SqueezeCenter 7.3.1 to actually use it. Any ideas?

Thanks.