PDA

View Full Version : Sb2

Labarum
2008-11-13, 07:01
Yes, I have seen a wireless SB2 second hand. Is there anything bewteen it and the SB3 for

a. Digital out?
b. Analogue out?

One might serve nicely in the kitchen with a pair of PC speakers I have.

RF reception where I live is awful - LW, MW or FM.

aubuti
2008-11-13, 07:08
The SB2 internals are the same as the SB3, and they have the same outputs. The SB2 wireless has one internal antenna as opposed to the SB3s two internal anntennae. Just make sure it really is an SB2 and not an SB1. If it's an SB2 the label on the bottom says "Squeezebox2", and if it's an SB1 it just says "Squeezebox". Some unscrupulous and/or uninformed sellers have been known to advertise SB1s as SB2s.

mooblie
2008-11-13, 07:28
I found an SB2 worked wirelessly where an SB3 wouldn't. I put this down to the external antenna - which can, of course, be replaced with a higher gain (bigger) one (reverse SMA connector), unlike the SB3.

I had to return the SB3 eventually as it was basically unworkable with my setup. Netgear DG834N router - crooked path through walls/windows to SB about 12m away! - tried different channels too. :(

Disappointed, as I assumed with multiple internal antennae, oriented differently, I was expecting the SB3 to perform wirelessly better than the SB2: not so, for me anyway.

Phil Leigh
2008-11-13, 12:01
Yes, I have seen a wireless SB2 second hand. Is there anything bewteen it and the SB3 for

a. Digital out?
b. Analogue out?

One might serve nicely in the kitchen with a pair of PC speakers I have.

RF reception where I live is awful - LW, MW or FM.

Sound quality identical as far as I am concerned.