PDA

View Full Version : That clock is ugly!!!

950ash
2008-11-12, 20:47
Any options for changing it?

aubuti
2008-11-12, 21:21
Which "that" clock? There are 3 different clocks on the SBC (Settings > Screen > Screensavers). Classic works for me, YMMV and all that....

950ash
2008-11-13, 06:40
Ahh yes that is better, more functionable.

ModelCitizen
2008-11-13, 06:45
Ugliness is in the eye of the beholder (add as many exclamation marks as you feel is required). The analogue clock works for me.

MC

maggior
2008-11-13, 08:53
I prefer the minimalist screen saver when nothing is playing...the blank screen :-). This way it doesn't contribute to glow of LED clocks in my kitchen.

sander
2008-11-13, 10:43
I'm hoping we can get a nice superdatetime screensaver once the Duet becomes a full on receiver with 7.3, although the superdatetime plugin has occasional ugly problems of it's own in terms of some of those weather images.

autopilot
2008-11-17, 03:21
Off for me too, just wish there was an alternative other than Flickr. I have just counted 6 clocks in my main room (PVR, Watch, Mobile, Wall clock, TV, DVD player).

Waiting patently for a decent RSS reader :)

GoCubs
2008-11-22, 13:44
I'm hoping we can get a nice superdatetime screensaver once the Duet becomes a full on receiver with 7.3, although the superdatetime plugin has occasional ugly problems of it's own in terms of some of those weather images.

What!?! You don't like my weather images? Which are you referring to? The color ones shown on Duet or the regular ones?

-Greg

MeSue
2008-11-22, 14:26
What!?! You don't like my weather images? Which are you referring to? The color ones shown on Duet or the regular ones?

-Greg

The images are nice, but the transparency looks terrible on anything but a white or very light background on the duet controller. You need to either make them a solid square or use PNG format which supports alpha transparency. If you must use GIF, then a simplified design would be better with the 1-bit transparency of GIF files.

GoCubs
2008-11-22, 17:04
The images are nice, but the transparency looks terrible on anything but a white or very light background on the duet controller. You need to either make them a solid square or use PNG format which supports alpha transparency. If you must use GIF, then a simplified design would be better with the 1-bit transparency of GIF files.

I hear ya. I'm not a graphic artist so that kind of stuff is low priority to me. Feel free to contribute content!

-Greg