PDA

View Full Version : Vote! Pull the political threads or leave em.

Howard Passman
2008-11-11, 04:25
As my boss is fond of saying, "This ain't a Democracy". Ultimately it's up to the moderators, so I thought I give them some stats. Vote to leave it flaming away or put it out.

Democracy in action. Sorry boss.

Howard Passman
2008-11-11, 04:31
100% of the voters say delete the posts. Moderators, are you listening?
I learned how to vote in Florida :-)

Themis
2008-11-11, 04:42
lol Howard. Pretty funny. :)

Siduhe
2008-11-11, 05:01
What about a Third Party option:

Not really minding the occasional off-topic thread reflecting key issues that will affect all of us, like it or not; but definitely finding the SNR of the three subsequent threads out of all proportion to the original.

Not as snappy as yours of course, but that's the Liberal Democrat way...

Howard Passman
2008-11-11, 05:08
lol Howard. Pretty funny. :)

I prefer humor to mud slinging :-)

Howard Passman
2008-11-11, 05:26
Which one of you voted 5 times!!

Teus de Jong
2008-11-11, 05:37

We don't live all in Florida :-)

st2lemans
2008-11-11, 05:42
I haven't (yet).

But, since we do vote 4x/year here rather than 1x/4 years, perhaps I should!

Tom

autopilot
2008-11-11, 06:05
Howard! what are you doing mate! :P

There is ONE political thread. One. 1. Not threads (Plural), and it's just about dead anyway.

However, there are now 4 threads complaining. This is just very very silly and i want these threads deleting now. Not to mention it's unbelievably hypocritical and shrill. Get over it. And i'm one that got personally attacked, and i'm not that bothered really.

Mike has already stated that general discussion is just that and they don't mind.

One post guys.... GET....... A..........GRIP!!!!!!!!!

Howard Passman
2008-11-11, 06:12
We don't live all in Florida :-)

That's a tongue in cheek inside joke here in the U.S. :-)

Howard

Howard Passman
2008-11-11, 06:13
[QUOTE=autopilot;358754]Howard! what are you doing mate! :P

/QUOTE]

Havin some fun :-)

autopilot
2008-11-11, 06:14
That's a tongue in cheek inside joke here in the U.S. :-)

Howard

Is this a politics discussion thread now then? Oh the irony!!!

/runs

mherger
2008-11-11, 06:32
> However, there are now 4 threads complaining. This is just very very
> silly and i want these threads deleting now.

Interesting thing is there have been very few political postings. All the other x times more postings only complain about the other posting or want it deleted. Stop asking for deletion, and the problem will be gone by itself. The discussion which triggered all this has been dead for several days anyway.

> Mike has already stated that general discussion is just that and they
> don't mind.

That's why everybody is allowed to ask for deletion of the thread which asked for deletion of the other thread (and so on).

--

Michael

ModelCitizen
2008-11-11, 06:51
Can we delete this thread? It's annoying me.
Or should I start another one?

MC

DeVerm
2008-11-11, 06:55
The poll results clearly show that someone who has been dead for 8 years now has voted 8 times to "put the fire out". The 9th vote was from Mickey Mouse even though he isn't even a registered member! Because of that, I must insist of 1) a re-count and 2) if that doesn't change the result, a new poll because something must be wrong! There's also clearly some options missing on the ballot and the counting machine has probably been hacked and compromised.

ciao!
Nick.

Howard Passman
2008-11-11, 08:48
The poll results clearly show that someone who has been dead for 8 years now has voted 8 times to "put the fire out". The 9th vote was from Mickey Mouse even though he isn't even a registered member! Because of that, I must insist of 1) a re-count and 2) if that doesn't change the result, a new poll because something must be wrong! There's also clearly some options missing on the ballot and the counting machine has probably been hacked and compromised.

ciao!
Nick.

Recount! Recount! Recount!

This is fun since nothing new is happening with the SBC firmware.....

Themis
2008-11-11, 08:58
The is a blonde, a greek and Howard who travel in a plane (to somewhere in Florida).
Suddenly, the greek (who is bored) says : "how about a political discussion ?"
"I don't know"; Howard responds. "Let's vote for it !"
And the blonde screams : "Delete me !"

badbob
2008-11-11, 08:58
I wonder those shouting loudest against the political threads are republicans, not only did the party lose, but lost to a black Muslim man?

Howard Passman
2008-11-11, 10:04
The is a blonde, a greek and Howard who travel in a plane (to somewhere in Florida).
Suddenly, the greek (who is bored) says : "how about a political discussion ?"
"I don't know"; Howard responds. "Let's vote for it !"
And the blonde screams : "Delete me !"

That made me chuckle. Can I meet this blonde ;-)

Howard

Howard Passman
2008-11-11, 10:15
I wonder those shouting loudest against the political threads are republicans, not only did the party lose, but lost to a black Muslim man?

Me, personally, I am a hard peg to force in to any hole. I must be somewhat of a pacifist since I think all the bickering is useless and unnecessary. The world is messed up enough without folks barring their fangs here.

Howard

Goodsounds
2008-11-11, 10:25

Some of those shouting the loudest FOR the political threads are recovering Republicans who voted for Obama. As Autopilot said in another thread, some of those shouting against simply need to get out more.

Oh, and you should drop the "Muslim" canard. It isn't the case but it's irrelevant anyway.

JJZolx
2008-11-11, 11:49
If people have any desire for this sort of discussion here, create an OT forum (like they do on a million other boards across the 'net) or ban the discussions outright. They should not be in "General".