PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeCenter wont start

GooSed
2008-11-10, 17:13
I can't figure out how to set up the logging beyond the information in the Application Log.
I am running windows xp professional.

The message in the application log is as follows:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: FATAL: There is already another copy of the SqueezeCenter running on this machine. (Unknown error) at /<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~1.EXE>Slim/Networking/UDP.pm line 39.

I think this occurred on the initial installation. I have un-installed and re-installed, I have tried to run it as a windows service and nothing seems to work.

When I run it from a command line it spits out this info:

C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server>squeezecenter.exe
[08-11-10 18:14:09.2187] Slim::Networking::Async::DNS::init (102) Warning: No DN
S servers responded, falling back to OpenDNS.
[08-11-10 18:14:12.3281] Slim::Networking::UDP::init (39) FATAL: There is alread
y another copy of the SqueezeCenter running on this machine. (Unknown error)
[08-11-10 18:14:12.3296] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1398) Warning: [18:14:12.3295]
FATAL: There is already another copy of the SqueezeCenter running on this machin
e. (Unknown error) at /<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>
Slim/Networking/UDP.pm line 39

Thanks...

macsband
2008-11-16, 12:08
Here's what I would try next.

I'd uninstall SqueezeCenter.

Reboot.

Search for and delete all related folders, e.g.,

C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SqueezeCenter

If comfortable, I'd also run Regedit and search on "squeeze" and delete references to squeezecenter from the registry.

Reboot.

Re-intall and hope.

Mac