PDA

View Full Version : Why Does My Duet Remote Sometimes Show "Off" When "On"?

MikeekiM
2008-11-10, 16:35
I have never posted this because it really has only been an irritant, but decided that it might be worth asking...

Why is it that sometimes the top of my Duet remote display cycles it's text to read "Off" when my receiver is clearly "on" and actively playing content?

Is this a known bug?

I can't really say when it happens (what triggers the behavior)... Has anyone else noticed this?

As I have said, it's merely an irritant because it is not stopping me from using the product at all...

aubuti
2008-11-11, 15:36
Where on the SBC does it say "Off"? What you're describing would make sense on the bottom of the SBC home page, where it says "Turn off [playername]" when the player is on or "Turn on [playername]" when the player is off, but you must mean somewhere else.

DeVerm
2008-11-11, 15:55
I have seen that... the SBC thinks that the player isn't playing, lost sync with it. (the text "off" is all the way up on the display if it happens). I've been trying to replicate it but forget what I was doing. Basically random song mix while add songs to be played next, pause, unpause but probably with some volume changes and skip-tracks in between. I just upgraded to 7.2.1 so it might never happen again... I'll keep an eye on it though.

cheers,
Nick.

MikeekiM
2008-11-15, 12:00
I have seen that... the SBC thinks that the player isn't playing, lost sync with it. (the text "off" is all the way up on the display if it happens). I've been trying to replicate it but forget what I was doing. Basically random song mix while add songs to be played next, pause, unpause but probably with some volume changes and skip-tracks in between. I just upgraded to 7.2.1 so it might never happen again... I'll keep an eye on it though.

cheers,
Nick.

Yup...right at the top of the screen, it says simple "Off"... And while it might be losing synch with the network, I am still able to control song selection, etc from the squeezecenter server...so I am not so sure it is not in sync...

As you say, it is not difficult to "duplicate", but at the same time, it does happen quite often... I just can't make it happen at will...