PDA

View Full Version : Last.FM in 7.2.1?

Peddy
2008-11-09, 20:37
Where'd the Last.FM radio button go in SC 7.2.1? It's not under Music Services anymore, and I have the plugins enabled.

wbree
2008-11-10, 09:04
It should be under "Internet radio" where it has always been.

Peddy
2008-11-10, 20:45
Nope, it's not there:

Sir G
2008-11-11, 07:44
I have it under Music Services ...

wbree
2008-11-11, 14:41
See attachement. Text is in Dutch but I guess you recognize the LastFM button.

andyg
2008-11-11, 15:44
If you don't see it it means Last.fm is not available in your selected SN country.

delshugu
2008-11-14, 06:13
Hi there !
2 weeks ago I was perfectly able to access LastFM radio. Despite from Belgium.
Without any reason I cannot access anymore to LastFM.
Any idea why ?
More IMPORTANT : any idea how to access again ?
ThANKS

Peddy
2008-11-14, 12:54
If you don't see it it means Last.fm is not available in your selected SN country.

I don't understand what you mean, I'm trying to access just from SC (not SN), and I can access it fine from my computer. Maybe there's something I don't know about the way SB works :)

Thanks for your help

Siduhe
2008-11-14, 14:05
What Andy is saying is that the official Last.fm plugin (the one that is under Music Services) is country restricted to US/UK/DE. Unless you are in one of the those countries and if you are running 7.2.1, you need to use the third party Squeezescrobbler plugin, which has the same kind of functionality but is not country restricted.

I've also sent you a PM.

Peddy
2008-11-14, 14:44
What Andy is saying is that the official Last.fm plugin (the one that is under Music Services) is country restricted to US/UK/DE. Unless you are in one of the those countries and if you are running 7.2.1, you need to use the third party Squeezescrobbler plugin, which has the same kind of functionality but is not country restricted.

I've also sent you a PM.

Ok, I got it all working now. :)
Thanks Sidhue for explaining to me how SN works with SC.

delshugu
2008-11-19, 08:53

I've also sent you a PM.

Does that mean that in order to listen LastFm (from Belgium), I would need to install an additional pluggin ?
Where can I find this pluggin ?
How to install this on a Synology Nas Server ?

Many thanks if you can help

Siduhe
2008-11-19, 09:09
Look here for Squeezescrobbler - http://slimscrobbler.sourceforge.net/

And here for installation instructions - http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezeCenter_Plugins

delshugu
2008-11-19, 09:18
Thanks Siduhe I will try this tonight
Do you have any idea why I was initally able to listen to LastFM when first trying SqueezeCenter "in nominal cofiguration" ? This was 3 weeks ago and suddenly changed (no more acces to LastFm from Squeezbox menus) ...
Thanks again for your support

Siduhe
2008-11-19, 09:46
A number of people have found the "country restriction" bit of the inbuilt Last.fm plugin has only restricted access recently - not sure why it worked you before.