PDA

View Full Version : Using controller to control more than one SB

por
2008-11-09, 15:33
Hi,

I would like to use my Controller to control more than one Squeezebox. is this possible and, if so, how? I've looked through the contoller's menus, documentation, searched online etc but not found any info.

Thanks,
Paul.

Mnyb
2008-11-09, 15:49
Well, the controller talks to the SqueezeCenter or SqueezeNetwork who in turn controls the players, all of them every squeezebox or sw player slim or logitech ever made.
You can control as many players as your network and server can handle, I think ?
Another tread revealed that some fellows here have >10 SqueezeBoxes.

The controller meny choose player would not contain more than one player if you only have one (or if it even exist then ?* ). Likewise the choose player box in the upper right corner besides the logitech logo in SqueezeCenter would only show one player if thats what you have (the same goes for player preference etc )

*I had an SB3 before i got the duet combo, so I had always used more than one squeeezebox, I've never seen the menu wo 2 players

950ash
2008-11-09, 16:23
Try settings, music source. You should see the name of the first computer you setup, squeezenetwork(which doesnt do anything for me) and Other Server. Select Other server and you should find the other computer. Once the second one is found just goto music source to switch back and forth. I added Music source to my home page list.

Hope this helps,
P.S. watch out putting 3rd party plugins on both servers like XM it will screw up.

aubuti
2008-11-09, 20:37
950ash's instructions are fine for changing *servers*, but that's not quite how you change SBs. To change SBs using the SBC simply use Home > Choose Player > [choose the player you want to control]

If you don't see the "Choose Player" option on your SBC home menu maybe your system isn't seeing your other players. Try using the web ui to make sure that SC sees all your players.

950ash
2008-11-10, 21:43
950ash's instructions are fine for changing *servers*, but that's not quite how you change SBs. To change SBs using the SBC simply use Home > Choose Player > [choose the player you want to control]

If you don't see the "Choose Player" option on your SBC home menu maybe your system isn't seeing your other players. Try using the web ui to make sure that SC sees all your players.

Ahhhh yep.

por
2008-11-16, 03:22
Thanks to all for the advice. "Choose player" is what i was looking for. I had previously seen this setting but couldn't find it. I still haven't fully worked it out but the choose player option seems to only show when there are actually more that one player to choose from (in my case a Squeezbox and a SoftSqueeze running on my MAC. And then it only shows if you power off/on the Controller- The controller doesn't seem to dynamically recognise that another player has become available.

Another thing I have noticed is that the Controller and Squeezebox get confused if you are connected to a squeezecenter which is then shutdown. Again I haven't fully figured out the sequence of events but it takes a little time to get the Squeezebox to switch to the SqueezeNetwork. It would be nice if the SB/Controller were able to recognise the SC were no longer available and automatically connect to SN.

Sorry for the ramble. Once again thanks for the help.

Paul.