PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeCenter and TwonkyVision won't work together?

probedb
2008-11-08, 15:09
I've recently installed TwonkyVision media server on my server to serve content to the PS3.

It seems to clash with SqueezeCenter.

Is there anyway round this?

Basically my SB3 can browse songs etc etc but when I actually hit play nothing comes through?? I'm wondering if it's picked the songs up from Twonky rather than SqueezeCenter?

Plus SqueezeCenter can see the player.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers,

Paul.

MeSue
2008-11-08, 16:59
They both use port 9000 by default. You have to change the port number for one or the other.

probedb
2008-11-09, 02:35
They both use port 9000 by default. You have to change the port number for one or the other.

Hmm, there appears to be no way to change this port in either from what I can see :( I can change the http web access port in Twonky but that's it.

Has no-one run these 2 together before?

bpa
2008-11-09, 02:54
In SC Web UI - Settings/Advanced/Network - change port 9000 to something else such as 9001. Restart SC.

Make sure your firewall is updated to allow 9001 to be used.

probedb
2008-11-09, 03:49
Cheers...just reset Twonky to not take a specific IP so gonna give this a shot.

toby10
2008-11-09, 06:36

For general FYI: Do all media sharing programs use this very same port 9000 by default?

I run WMP11 and Tversity with a PS3 and I've never noticed a problem with SC7. But then I wasn't really paying attention to running all three simultaneously.

radish
2008-11-09, 20:29
For general FYI: Do all media sharing programs use this very same port 9000 by default?

Not AFAIK, I've only ever seen Twonky & SC collide.

aspendl828
2008-11-10, 05:07
I also used to have problems with Twonky and Squeezecentre. Prior to being told how to change the Squeezecentre port number I used to have to make sure Squeezecentre started first as Twonky would then automatically use port 9001. There doesn't seem to be any way to change the port in Twonky so it's a good job we can do it in Squeezecentre!!

MeSue
2008-11-10, 07:45
There is a way to change the port in Twonky--you can Google for it if you want to try it. I did it, but having the add-in installed made my WHS console so unresponsive that I ended up removing it. Not sure if the console slowness was a result of changing the port number, or if Twonky conflicted with Squeezecenter, or something else. This was the version of Twonky server that HP pushed out to all the MediaSmart servers under the name PV Connect.