PDA

View Full Version : iTunes playing synchronised songs from Squeezebox

backball
2008-11-08, 09:11
For one of my house parties I try to do the following cool thing:

* My Squeezebox is hooked up to a good hifi providing good, full sound; I'm running a playlist on the Squeezebox
* My wife's Mac runs iTunes and I'm presenting the iTunes visualiser up a wall via a projector (visuals only; no sound from the Mac)

I'd like to ensure that the visuals (i.e. audio stream) are either totally in sync or close to. So there must be some synchronisation between audio (Squeezebox and visuals (iTunes receiving SC MP3 stream); i.e. I can't just manage the iTunes player in SC in isolation as the sound from the Squeezebox is not synchronised.

How do I set this up to work reliably? When I chose to sync the two Squeezebox only plays one song and then stops.

Any help would be appreciated

andyg
2008-11-08, 09:32
It's not possible to sync stream.mp3 and a real player.

backball
2008-11-09, 02:12
Is this on the list of future features or architecturally not possible?

So the only way to get this going is to use iTunes playing stream.mp3 also for audio or of course using iTunes in isolation altogether, right? Or there would the another "amateur" solution to play the same playlist on stream.mp3 and the Squeezebox, I guess.

andyg
2008-11-09, 06:27
Is it impossible due to the buffering performed by iTunes or any other media player. If you want synced audio on your computer you can try Softsqueeze or Squeezeplay, but even then it is hit or miss due to issues with audio drivers, OS latency, etc.