PDA

View Full Version : SCenter upgrades - retaining settings

charlesr
2008-11-08, 06:24
I'm sure I saw a thread or some documentation about this before, but can't find it now. Please point me in the right direction if it's been answered already.
When upgrading to a new version of SC, how to I keep my settings to persist, so that I don't have to set up the menus and preferences all over again?
Thanks.
Charles

MeSue
2008-11-08, 09:07
You didn't mention what OS you are on, so I will assume Windows. I have had no problems just installing a new version over the old from 7.0 on. However, if you wanted to uninstall through add-remove programs first, you should still be fine because the preferences are stored in your user folder and should persist when you update.

I don't think you can keep settings when going from 6.x to 7.x, but I don't think that applies to you since you posted under SqueezeCenter.

charlesr
2008-11-09, 12:21
Ah thanks. It's for windows and it must have been going from 6 to 7 that lost the settings. So good news for further 7.x upgrades.

Mnyb
2008-11-10, 20:21
7.x retains settings very well, but there's exceptions.

I like to try new beta sw and sometimes the "fixed volume" setting is lost for one of my players (it happened in 7.3 last week to).