PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeBox Duet Receiver - appears to be dead.

rupert_h
2008-11-08, 05:50
Hi,
I bought a Squeezebox duet yesterday after much deliberation between getting this or the Sonos. Being a bit of a techie, i thought it would not be such a problem to get this system set up. I have installed the SqueezeCenter on my Windows Home Server and have the squeezebox controller connected to my wireless network. So far, so good.

Now, in the instructions it says to plug in the receiver and press the button on the front for several seconds and then a red light should light up to indicate the system is booting up. This did happen and then a purplish light blinked once very quickly and twice more - so i guess 3 times. A bit of research told me that this was a "Hard Error" indicating a "SNV failure/error " what ever that means.

Now, when i plug the box in and press the button - nothing happens at all. No lights flash, but if i look at the back of the box, i can see a bit of red light esacping from the digital output port, so i suppose it is doing something.

Can anyone offer me any advice on how to get this beast working, or is it faulty as i suspect??

cheers,
Rupert

maggior
2008-11-08, 07:39
Anytime these purple light failures come up for discussion, people are always directed to call support to arrange for a replacement. It's an indication of a hardware failure.

fcm4711
2008-11-08, 07:40
Hi Rupert

What happens if you just plug it in without touching the button? Any sign of blinking codes, either red or purplish?

A not setup receiver starts up with a red light and then changes to a slow blinking red light, indicating it needs to be setup.

If after power up you press and hold the button for about 10 seconds the light changes into a fast blinking red light and if you then let go the receiver does factory reset itself and goes back to a slow blinking red light.

However if you just plug it in, but don't get any signs from the light then it most likely is broken. (Also the purplish blinks you saw suggest that.)

I suggest you either bring it back to the store or contact support.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Felix

rupert_h
2008-11-09, 15:34
Thanks for the replies - i'll send it back - hopefully I will have better luck with the replacement