PDA

View Full Version : Help , new user with update problem

perch
2008-11-06, 08:57
Todat I bouht a squeezebox duet and trying to instal now for more than two hours.
The problem is the controller, by installing he is immediately asking for an update, after the update is 100% he is veriving and this is not stopping.
Its telling there is a problem with upgrading of the controller and I have to try again what I did now for twenty times.
who can help me?

Secret Squirrel
2008-11-06, 09:25
Todat I bouht a squeezebox duet and trying to instal now for more than two hours.
The problem is the controller, by installing he is immediately asking for an update, after the update is 100% he is veriving and this is not stopping.
Its telling there is a problem with upgrading of the controller and I have to try again what I did now for twenty times.
who can help me?

Welcome to the forum! There are MANY forms of assistance about your Slim product. IMO, they are in order by best results:

1. Contact Technical Support. The very best way to do that is to call the support line but second to that is email them at http://www.slimdevices.com/su_tech.html

2. Search the forum. Actually this very question has been presented more than once and the answer has been provided.

3. If that doesn't work post a request (as you did) and provide all the details you can about you system (OS is required), the version of Squeeze Center you are using, and the product details (as you also did).

At the moment, I think you might consider a search. I'm not a Duet owner (though jealous of the many here), but I have seen this request asked and answered.

Best of luck!

SS

perch
2008-11-06, 11:33
thanks for your answer.
after 30 times the update webt fine so close this thread.
my duet is still not working but that is another story.

Secret Squirrel
2008-11-06, 12:15
thanks for your answer.
after 30 times the update webt fine so close this thread.
my duet is still not working but that is another story.

I didn't mean to shoo or scare you away! You certainly should get your problems solved, but I was giving you some information on going about that. Searching the forum should give you at least several thread with symptoms that sounds remarkably like yours with things to do embedded in the ensuing postings. Everyone here wants you to have the results that you dream you'd have.

If you didn't get your Controller functioning, then PLEASE give the forum members more information to go on. Like exactly what your issue is, what you server is (hardware and OS), what version of Squeeze Center you're running, and any other facts you feel are pertinent.

Personally, I have gotten fantastic results calling Tech Support, but have also gotten several issues quickly resolved by members of the forum.

Best of luck. I just wish that I could assist you personally!

SS

perch
2008-11-09, 05:44
thanks for your kind reply, I have connecting problems but I think its due to the fact that I d'ont get a stong signal from my w-router.
First I have to solve this, I am now trying to connect a repeater but it seems that my duet is not going together with a repeater.
Maybe someone here can tell me if its possible to work with a repeater .