PDA

View Full Version : Internet radio favourites navigation

MrGadget
2008-11-05, 18:17
Hi, I have radio stations in the favourites menu. So when I press the favourites button the remote I can scroll through the radio stations I have put there (about 30 of them). Once I select a station I want to listen to and it connects there doesn't seem to be an easy way to scroll to another station. The way I do it is I press the Favourites button again and it shows the last one I selected, then I can press up or down to scroll.

I would have thought a better way would be to just press the left button while the stream is playing (just like when I play my own music in the music folder). Also once a stream is playing you can't get it to show what station is actually playing, the More Info screen should at least show this.

Are there any tricks to get this to work?

Thanks.

toby10
2008-11-06, 05:05
Hi, I have radio stations in the favourites menu. So when I press the favourites button the remote I can scroll through the radio stations I have put there (about 30 of them). Once I select a station I want to listen to and it connects there doesn't seem to be an easy way to scroll to another station. The way I do it is I press the Favourites button again and it shows the last one I selected, then I can press up or down to scroll.

I would have thought a better way would be to just press the left button while the stream is playing (just like when I play my own music in the music folder). Also once a stream is playing you can't get it to show what station is actually playing, the More Info screen should at least show this.

Are there any tricks to get this to work?

Thanks.

What hardware and SC version are you using?

If you are using SC7 and using MusicInfoSCR then both of your answers are in the MusicInfoSCR settings:

Jump Back On Wake "ON" (your remote's arrows now bring you back to whatever menu item you were last on, station list in your case)

Display Playlist name for radio stations "ON" (station name is displayed)

MrGadget
2008-11-06, 15:25
What hardware and SC version are you using?

If you are using SC7 and using MusicInfoSCR then both of your answers are in the MusicInfoSCR settings:

Jump Back On Wake "ON" (your remote's arrows now bring you back to whatever menu item you were last on, station list in your case)

Display Playlist name for radio stations "ON" (station name is displayed)

I am using SqueezeBox Classic with SqueezeCentre 7.2 (haven't upgraded to 7.2.1 because of the My Radio removal). Not sure what MusicInfoSCR is but I don't recall seeing it anywhere. Is it a plug-in? I'll have to have aq look when I get home from work.

toby10
2008-11-06, 16:26
I am using SqueezeBox Classic with SqueezeCentre 7.2 (haven't upgraded to 7.2.1 because of the My Radio removal). Not sure what MusicInfoSCR is but I don't recall seeing it anywhere. Is it a plug-in? I'll have to have aq look when I get home from work.

If you are using favorites from SC (computer ON) this will work. If you are using SqueezeNetwork then you can't use this.

If you have MusicInfoSCR you will find it in:
Settings > Player > (pull down menu) MusicInfoSCR

I believe it is part of SC now, it used to be a plugin. But I don't know if it was added in 7.2 or 7.2.1

Look through all of your settings for: Jump Back On Wake (might be in screensaver portion).

MusicInfoSCR makes it so you can customize what your screen displays. Here is how I have mine setup for Internet Radio:

BOOM: using three lines, smaller text

Line One: Station Name (upper left)...............KPBS (upper right)
Line Two: Artist
Line Three : Song

SB3: using two lines, larger text

Line One: Station Name (upper left)...............KBPS (upper right)
Line Two: Artist - Song

Station Name = playlist
Song = title
...... = blank spaces

Look at the marketing page for the SB3:
http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_squeezebox.html
Mine looks like that but replace Now Playing with Station Name and replace 01:20 with the KBPS of the station.
For the visual I chose the Small Spectrum instead of the one shown in the pic.
Artist & Track (title) are the same.

You can use the three line mode with both if you choose. Three line works great with the Boom as it's screen length is shorter.

Let me know if you need help setting this up. :)

Lusa
2008-11-07, 09:56
I reading this topic and MusicInfoSCR workt verry smooth and Toby10 give a good option.. But my question to Toby10 is how did you create the station name in MusicInfoSCR? I can find in the titleformat like Artist etc but how do you get the station name on the display?
Station name
ARTIST - TITLE

XtraFM < internet station
The Eagles - Take it Easy < artist and song

toby10
2008-11-07, 10:30
I reading this topic and MusicInfoSCR workt verry smooth and Toby10 give a good option.. But my question to Toby10 is how did you create the station name in MusicInfoSCR? I can find in the titleformat like Artist etc but how do you get the station name on the display?
Station name
ARTIST - TITLE

XtraFM < internet station
The Eagles - Take it Easy < artist and song

In the MusicInfoSCR options it's the very first item: Display playlist name for radio stations "ON".

Then, for that field (wherever you want it) select PLAYLIST.

Lusa
2008-11-07, 12:50
In the MusicInfoSCR options it's the very first item: Display playlist name for radio stations "ON".

Then, for that field (wherever you want it) select PLAYLIST.

Thank you for the tip!
The settings are good:
Screensaver: Music info > On
Internet radio station > On
Format display element: Top left : Playlist
Format display element: Bottom left: Artist - TITLE

But the display on the Squeezebox will be display the next lines

Now playing
Zucherro - il Volo

With squeezecenter are the settings good and will be display webbased
Cande light (this is the radio station)
Zucherro - il Volo

What do i wrong?

I think it's better for me to open a new topic whit this problem..

toby10
2008-11-07, 13:42
Thank you for the tip!
The settings are good:
Screensaver: Music info > On
Internet radio station > On
Format display element: Top left : Playlist
Format display element: Bottom left: Artist - TITLE

But the display on the Squeezebox will be display the next lines

Now playing
Zucherro - il Volo

With squeezecenter are the settings good and will be display webbased
Cande light (this is the radio station)
Zucherro - il Volo

What do i wrong?

I think it's better for me to open a new topic whit this problem..

You are using SC not SN correct? Also make sure you have selected MusicInfoSCR as your Screensaver:

Settings > Player > (drop down menu) Basic Settings > Screensaver when playing: (drop down menu) Music Information Screen

Lusa
2008-11-07, 14:07
You are using SC not SN correct?

I use SC 7.2 whit a squeezebox v3 on a NAS server DS207+
I don't use SN and all SN options are disabled

The problem is that the icons etc working fine..

Line One: Station Name (upper left)"dont work | ...............KBPS (upper right)this working good
Line Two: Artist - Song working good

The problem is that the word Now playing overuled the Station name
This problem is only if i use the favourites menu and put a station or a album from there.. If i use the plalist map and start a playlist from there the problem is solved and the follow i see

Line One: Station Name (upper left) works | ...............KBPS (upper right)this working good

What is the problem why it not work if i use the favorit list what a link is to the playlist?

toby10
2008-11-08, 04:39
I use SC 7.2 whit a squeezebox v3 on a NAS server DS207+
I don't use SN and all SN options are disabled

The problem is that the icons etc working fine..

Line One: Station Name (upper left)"dont work | ...............KBPS (upper right)this working good

The problem is that the word Now playing overuled the Station name
This problem is only if i use the favourites menu and put a station or a album from there.. If i use the plalist map and start a playlist from there the problem is solved and the follow i see

Line One: Station Name (upper left) works | ...............KBPS (upper right)this working good

What is the problem why it not work if i use the favorit list what a link is to the playlist?

If I'm understanding you:
- when you choose a station from your saved Favorites menu then upper left of display shows your Favorites folder name.
- when you tune in a station NOT from Favorites then upper left of display shows proper station name

If the above is correct it's normal and a simple fix. :)
When you are in a Favorites folder that folder name IS the playlist and is being properly displayed as such. This is why you need to change the MusicInfoSCR setting:
DISPLAY PLAYLIST NAME AS RADIO STATIONS set to "ON".

Now, any time MusicInfoSCR sees a station URL it will make that URL the Playlist.

Remember also to set your Screensaver to MusicInfoSCR:
Settings > Player > (drop down menu) Basic Settings > Screensaver when playing > (drop down menu) Music Information Screen

MrGadget
2008-11-08, 17:11
Ok, I got the plugin working but I don't have a Station Name option? Also when I play my local music is there a way for line 1 to show Artist. Album?

toby10
2008-11-08, 17:22
Ok, I got the plugin working but I don't have a Station Name option? Also when I play my local music is there a way for line 1 to show Artist. Album?

Playlist is station name. :)

See previous post for setup.

RGibran
2008-11-15, 14:31
Curious if Mr. Gadget or Lusa got this to work in SC 7.2? I’m using SC 7.2.1 and cannot get the “playlist” option to show the station URL, instead it shows “now playing” same as Lusa reports. All other settings are as instructed by Toby10.

Display playlist name for radio stations is set to "ON" in MusicInfoSCR options. Info for that field is set to “Playlist”.

MusicInfoSCR is selected as Screensaver.

Could this possibly be broken in 7.2 and 7.2.1?

RG

toby10
2008-11-15, 14:42
Curious if Mr. Gadget or Lusa got this to work in SC 7.2? I’m using SC 7.2.1 and cannot get the “playlist” option to show the station URL, instead it shows “now playing” same as Lusa reports. All other settings are as instructed by Toby10.

Display playlist name for radio stations is set to "ON" in MusicInfoSCR options. Info for that field is set to “Playlist”.

MusicInfoSCR is selected as Screensaver.

Could this possibly be broken in 7.2 and 7.2.1?

RG

Dunno why it isn't working for you but it has worked fine in 7.2 and 7.2.1

When looking at the Music Info Screen settings in SC (below the check box for "use live data") where you pick what part of the screen will display selected info, what does it say in the upper left panel of the screen? Does it say PLAYLIST or NOW PLAYING?

RGibran
2008-11-15, 16:21
It shows "Playlist". Probably not working because I'm doing something wrong but have checked and rechecked with no luck. No big deal as I believe I prefer having ARTIST - ALBUM there instead with TITLE below as that seems to work better with my library.

What do you get displayed when playing music files from your library with "Playlist" in the field?

How come my "Now Playing button" shows only "now playing" and no other info when activated after installing and selecting MusicInfoSCR?

RG