PDA

View Full Version : SB Duet queries

Big Ry
2008-11-05, 07:42
Hi all,

I was trying to set up my SB Duet last night to stream music from my laptop. It found my laptop no worries and said it needed an update before it could continue.

Now everytime i try to do the update it gets to about 80% and stops, saying there was an error. At this exact point a Norton instrusion alert comes up on my laptop!!!

The alert is high risk and says that its detected patterns which are familiar to an Altavista trojan horse. But it also lists my laptop as the intruder.

Has anyone else had this problems? Im assuming that as it happens at the same point each time it is to do with the antivirus software being overprotective, and so disabling that might let it complete the update. But im not really sure haha

Also on a seperate note, can it stream music ive ripped through itunes and not purchased? Im a little worried now that im gonna have to redo my collection

Thanks in advance for any help

Hildebrandt
2008-11-05, 12:35
Hi all,

I was trying to set up my SB Duet last night to stream music from my laptop. It found my laptop no worries and said it needed an update before it could continue.

Now everytime i try to do the update it gets to about 80% and stops, saying there was an error. At this exact point a Norton instrusion alert comes up on my laptop!!!

The alert is high risk and says that its detected patterns which are familiar to an Altavista trojan horse. But it also lists my laptop as the intruder.

Has anyone else had this problems? Im assuming that as it happens at the same point each time it is to do with the antivirus software being overprotective, and so disabling that might let it complete the update. But im not really sure haha

Also on a seperate note, can it stream music ive ripped through itunes and not purchased? Im a little worried now that im gonna have to redo my collection

Thanks in advance for any help
I'm new at this - but off hand i would disable norton (or tell it to ignore the warning) and then do a scan afterwards.... The problem with iTunes is purchased music (that comes with DRM) - unless you somehow DRM your own rips, there should not be a problem listening to music you've ripped yourself...