PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly can't find player or network !!

swayzak
2008-11-02, 08:39
hi

Turned my system on today and had some problems.

Firstly the Remote (I have Duet system) couldn't see the player - it wasn't listed.

However Squeezecentre could.

The Remote was connected to my home network OK - just couldn't find the player (nor logon to SqueezeNetwork).

So I turned everything off & rebooted PC.

Now it sees the player, but can't login to my "House" network (therefore can't connect with SC properly !!).

One thing that may have triggered this was me turning the electricity off whilst doing an electrical repair - the Player & remote were on at this point (but not the PC).

I'm on SC 7.2.1.

Can anyone advise ?

thanks

MeSue
2008-11-02, 09:35
I'd probably start by shutting everything down, then power back up in this order:
Router
SC PC
Duet Player
Duet Controller

If that does not fix it, there is a lot of troubleshooting advice in the wiki, linked from "Community" menu above.

swayzak
2008-11-02, 11:29
I'd probably start by shutting everything down, then power back up in this order:
Router
SC PC
Duet Player
Duet Controller

If that does not fix it, there is a lot of troubleshooting advice in the wiki, linked from "Community" menu above.

Thanks

Well a couple of shutdowns and reboots (a bit like you suggested) seems to have worked.

May have been related to sudden power interruption I caused (affecting router, player and remote) ... ?

Sometimes misbehaving IT just requires brute force.