PDA

View Full Version : Missing Albums after scan

NoFlyZone
2008-11-02, 07:44
I'm frustrated. I'm not a newbie to this service and it's worked flawlessly for many years (I think). Maybe it's the latest update or me playing with my tagging but...

In my "The Beatles" folder I have 9 Beatles's FLAC encoded albums all in their own little folder. Squeezecenter likes only 3 Beatles albums. It ignores the rest. I've cleared the library multiple times and still only likes the 3. I've directed the scan specifically for those albums and still, they won't show up on my library. I've even cleared the library and rescanned my backup music drive, a clone, and still no go. I've looked at the files, there properties, content, permissions (which I changed to full access), I've played the music on those albums through Media Monkey, and I've given it a night's rest and a fresh brain. I would not be surprised if many other albums are missing, unless Sqeezecenter didn't like the boys much.

So what I'm I missing, besides of course BEATLES ALBUMS?

Skunk
2008-11-02, 08:16
Are they there if you browse the Music Folder rather than Albums? Does anything come up if you do a search for No Album? Were they there on previous installs? Is there anything in the Scanner log in SC settings>advanced?

Disclaimer: This advice is not official, and you should contact SD tech support ASAP.

NoFlyZone
2008-11-02, 09:30
Thanks Skunk. They showed up in no album and are in the music folder. Logs are clean or don't show issues with this music.

Now I need to figure out why I have music in "no album".

Skunk
2008-11-02, 09:59
Now I need to figure out why I have music in "no album".

Skipping over why for a minute, you should DL Mp3tag if you don't already have it, and point it to your music directory. When it'd done scanning click on the column Album, and the ones with no album tag will show up at the top.

If it keeps happening I would look at other music apps you use, e.g. media monkey, and make sure they're not changing tags.

MeSue
2008-11-02, 10:11
mp3tag works on FLAC files?

Be sure to set mp3tag to look at each type of tag separately, too. Sometimes it is a case of the information being stored in one tag format, but SC gives priority to another tag format. I only use Mp3, but this has caught me before where SC was giving priority to APE tags, but the information I wanted it to pick up was in the ID3 tags.

Skunk
2008-11-02, 10:31
mp3tag works on FLAC files?

Be sure to set mp3tag to look at each type of tag separately, too. Sometimes it is a case of the information being stored in one tag format, but SC gives priority to another tag format. I only use Mp3, but this has caught me before where SC was giving priority to APE tags, but the information I wanted it to pick up was in the ID3 tags.

Yeah, very well, despite the unfortunate name.

Good point about the ID3 tags, and as it happens you don't need to change any settings in Mp3Tag if you're using FLAC files. It will automatically read all tags, so just look at the Tags column and scroll through to any that list ID3 rather than just FLAC (FLAC). Select the files infected with ID3 tags, hit ctrl+x to remove all tags, and ctrl+v to paste them back in. Mp3 tag will not write ID3 tags to a FLAC file (unlike some other named music apps), so after they're pasted back in the Tag column will list FLAC (FLAC) as the tag type, which is their way of saying Vorbis tags.

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Mp3tagGuide