PDA

View Full Version : Infra Red Codes for Transporter Remote?

AndrewFG
2008-11-02, 06:49
I have one of those "do it all" infra red remote controllers that you can program to handle a wide range of audio visual devices. It comes with a table that gives code settings for all kinds of a/v devices (e.g. Panasonic DVD, Sony TV, Philips Tuner, Marantz CD etc.) But unfortunately the list does not include the Slim Devices Transporter :-(

I guess that you guys did not invent a totally new infra red code set, but probably instead reused a scheme that has already been used by another manufacturer? => If so, can you please give the name of that manufacturer, and the respective device type?

Skunk
2008-11-02, 08:31
JVC dvd is listed as one of the remote codes Transporter (and all SD's) will respond to in SC settings>Player Settings>Remote. It should be enabled by default but if not there is a check box in the settings.

AndrewFG
2008-11-02, 10:58
JVC dvd is listed as one of the remote codes Transporter (and all SD's) will respond to in SC settings>Player Settings>Remote. It should be enabled by default but if not there is a check box in the settings.

Thanks for the tip.

However I am a bit puzzled as to why they need a check box setting in SC. Is is changing something inside the Transporter? i.e. If the box is *not* checked, does it *not* respond to JVC DVD commands?

Siduhe
2008-11-02, 11:03
If the box is *not* checked, does it *not* respond to JVC DVD commands?

Exactly right. The reason for the check box is so that, if you have another piece of equipment that responds to JVC codes, your Transporter or Squeezebox won't react every time you try to switch on your JVC DVD (for example).