PDA

View Full Version : Recent Problems with Duet Controller

socistep
2008-11-01, 14:52
Hi All,

Having a number of problems with my Duet controller recently, I noticed that I was getting the BIOD problems as many have experienced and outlined in the sticky. Given that I upgraded to v7.2.1 of SC but have had more problems since:

- Can't upgrade to latest version of SBC firmware (r3191)
- Unstable on both SC & SN
- Slow response
- Controller freezing and rebooting e.g. if I go into browse an artist from my library then it will freeze and cause the controller to restart
- Losing connection to SBR/Music source

Hazarding a guess then I would say its to with the firmware being out of sync with 7.2.1, what do others think ?

Cheers
Ian

socistep
2008-11-03, 03:28
Any ideas or similar experiences from anyone ?

HUEY
2008-11-03, 12:09
No answers or suggestions, but my controller started acting just as yours after the upgrade last night to 7.2.1. Could not use it to navigate at all.
Rob

Geraldf
2008-11-03, 22:59
Hi,
when I select the menu item "Turn off <player name>" then the squeezebox turns off. The LED on the front turns black.

What is the right procedure tu turn it on again?

I had to press the fron button on the box until it flashes red. Then I had to turn the controller off and on, otherwhise the Search Player option would never succseed. (it would not be able to connect to the player even that it finds it). Then it would connect to the WLAN, and in the controller I had to connect to the Squeezecenter.

I think that this procedure is not consumer friendly at all, and I could see my wife throwing it out of the window.
I guess there is a more user friendly way to turn the system on again.

Looking forward to get the best way to turn it on.

thanks
Gerald

HUEY
2008-11-04, 06:56
Problem seems to be fixed. When I went to use the controller last night, said an update was available, and now is working as it should.
Rob

socistep
2008-11-04, 06:58
Problem seems to be fixed. When I went to use the controller last night, said an update was available, and now is working as it should.
Rob

Sounds good, I will check tonight whether I can get the latest update.

socistep
2008-11-04, 07:03
Hi,
when I select the menu item "Turn off <player name>" then the squeezebox turns off. The LED on the front turns black.

What is the right procedure tu turn it on again?

I had to press the fron button on the box until it flashes red. Then I had to turn the controller off and on, otherwhise the Search Player option would never succseed. (it would not be able to connect to the player even that it finds it). Then it would connect to the WLAN, and in the controller I had to connect to the Squeezecenter.

I think that this procedure is not consumer friendly at all, and I could see my wife throwing it out of the window.
I guess there is a more user friendly way to turn the system on again.

Looking forward to get the best way to turn it on.

thanks
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

I turn the box on/off via the controller and don't touch the box unless I need to do a re-set, the menu item to turn off is then replaced by an entry to turn back on - are we on the same hymn sheet here ?

Ian

mvalera
2008-11-04, 11:46
The Squeezebox Receiver is never actually "off".

To turn it back "on" simply queue up a song on your Controller and press play.

Mike

Dogberry2
2008-11-04, 14:07
The Squeezebox Receiver is never actually "off".

To turn it back "on" simply queue up a song on your Controller and press play.

Unless of course the receiver is unplugged from its power source. :)

Lars-dk
2008-11-12, 01:55
Hi All,

Having a number of problems with my Duet controller recently, I noticed that I was getting the BIOD problems as many have experienced and outlined in the sticky. Given that I upgraded to v7.2.1 of SC but have had more problems since:

- Can't upgrade to latest version of SBC firmware (r3191)
- Unstable on both SC & SN
- Slow response
- Controller freezing and rebooting e.g. if I go into browse an artist from my library then it will freeze and cause the controller to restart
- Losing connection to SBR/Music source

Hazarding a guess then I would say its to with the firmware being out of sync with 7.2.1, what do others think ?

Cheers
Ian

Hi.

I had the same problem with the controller freezing upon entering artists that had multiple albums. When entering artists that had only a single album, controller worked fine. This was on my ReadyNAS DUO with SC 7.2.1 installed.
Then, out of curiosity, I tried installing SC 7.2.1 on my WinXP box, just to see how that worked. I then connected my controller to the SC on the WinXP box, and all of a sudden, the controller had some new SW downloaded from the SC on the WinXP box. The controller has since worked fine, also after I switched back to the SC on the ReadyNAS. Maybe I was just lucky, but as a workaround maybe it could work for you to, if you have a win box, no guarantees though :-)

regards
Lars