PDA

View Full Version : announcing version v0.92 of Live Music Archive



fauxfrenchdeux
2004-04-15, 11:47
I have not tried running from the command line. In
OSX, what command would I enter in Terminal to start
the SlimServer?

Thanks,
Julius

--- kdf <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com> wrote:
> Quoting fauxfrenchdeux <fauxfrenchdeux (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>:
>
> > I still do not see the plugin on my SB, although
> it
> > does show in the server (5.1.2, 4/13 build) and is
> > activated. FWIW, the Shoutcast browser doesn't
> show
> > either, but the Xsync plugin does. OSX 10.3.3.
> >
>
> Have you tried running from the command line with
> the --d_plugins switch? Often
> that can show why the plugin might be disabled for
> player use.
>
> -kdf
>

kdf
2004-04-15, 12:02
Quoting fauxfrenchdeux <fauxfrenchdeux (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>:

> I have not tried running from the command line. In
> OSX, what command would I enter in Terminal to start
> the SlimServer?
>
> Thanks,
> Julius

I'm not an OSX user, but I suspect it should still be:
slimserver.pl --d_plugins

I'm not sure where slimserver.pl is located for an OSX install, however.
-kdf

Dan Aronson
2004-04-15, 22:30
On my 10.2.8 machine the server code is located in:
~/Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server

--dan

kdf wrote:

>Quoting fauxfrenchdeux <fauxfrenchdeux (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>:
>
>
>
>>I have not tried running from the command line. In
>>OSX, what command would I enter in Terminal to start
>>the SlimServer?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Julius
>>
>>
>
>I'm not an OSX user, but I suspect it should still be:
>slimserver.pl --d_plugins
>
>I'm not sure where slimserver.pl is located for an OSX install, however.
>-kdf
>

Dave Scott
2004-04-16, 19:04
Using MAC OSX 10.3.3, nightly build from 04-16-2004, text (cut & paste
into pico) from the 0.92 Live Music thread, plugin saved in
~/Library/preferencepanes/slimserver.prefpane/contents/server/plugins
...

Ran ./slimserver --d_plugins from terminal & this what I got:

Dave Scott
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
[Macintosh:slimserver.prefpane/contents/server] root# ./slimserver.pl
--d_plugins
2004-04-17 09:50:04.0184 Requiring Plugins::Live_Music plugin.
Subroutine getDisplayName redefined at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 107.
Variable "%retrieval_error" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 116.
Variable "%get_status" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 120.
Subroutine setMode redefined at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 114.
Variable "$etree_listing" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 212.
Variable "%retrieval_error" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 216.
Variable "%error" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
218.
Variable "%content" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
225.
Variable "%error" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
257.
Variable "%content" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
259.
Variable "$etree_listing" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 283.
Variable "%error" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
374.
Variable "%content" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
376.
Variable "$ID_CONCERT_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 395.
Variable "%shows" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
404.
Variable "$CONCERT_LIST_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 405.
Variable "%show_index" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 406.
Variable "$etree_listing" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 419.
Variable "$CONCERT_LIST_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 429.
Variable "%shows" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
429.
Variable "%show_index" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 431.
Variable "%show_count" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 432.
Variable "$CONCERT_LIST_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 443.
Variable "%shows" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
443.
Variable "%show_index" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 445.
Variable "$ID_CONCERT_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 447.
Variable "$CONCERT_LIST_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 468.
Variable "%shows" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
469.
Variable "$ID_CONCERT_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 470.
Variable "%show_index" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 471.
Variable "%concert_by_id" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 472.
Variable "$etree_details_db_url" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 475.
Variable "%concert_by_id" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 488.
Variable "$PLAYLISTITEM" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 491.
Variable "$etree_details_db_url" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 520.
Variable "%error" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
525.
Variable "%content" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
528.
Variable "%concert_by_id" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 538.
Variable "$PLAYLISTITEM" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 538.
Variable "$playlist_search_string" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 600.
Variable "$song_search_string" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 604.
Variable "$archive_prefix" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 619.
Variable "$CONCERT_LIST_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 647.
Variable "%shows" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
647.
Variable "$PLAYLISTITEM" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 649.
Variable "%concert_by_id" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 649.
Variable "$ID_CONCERT_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 651.
Variable "%show_index" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 652.
Variable "%get_status" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 767.
Variable "%content" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
768.
Variable "%response" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
768.
Variable "%request" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
793.
Variable "$CRLF" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 793.
Variable "$OPENED" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
802.
Variable "$OPENING" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
809.
Variable "%paddr" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
810.
Variable "%error" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
815.
Variable "$READ_RESPONSE" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 849.
Variable "$READ" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 888.
Variable "%functions" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 947.
2004-04-17 09:50:04.2592 Can't require Plugins::Live_Music for Plugins
menu: Missing right curly or square bracket at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
line 952, at end of line
syntax error at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 952, at EOF
Compilation failed in require at (eval 26) line 3.
2004-04-17 09:50:04.2602 Requiring Plugins::Snow plugin.
2004-04-17 09:50:04.2881 Registering screensaver Snow Screensaver
2004-04-17 09:50:04.2915 Requiring Plugins::DateTime plugin.
2004-04-17 09:50:04.2992 Registering screensaver Datetime Screensaver
2004-04-17 09:50:04.3055 Requiring Plugins::SlimTris plugin.
2004-04-17 09:50:04.3236 Requiring Plugins::Shooter plugin.
2004-04-17 09:50:04.3344 Requiring Plugins::Rescan plugin.
2004-04-17 09:50:04.3504 Requiring Plugins::ShoutcastBrowser plugin.
2004-04-17 09:50:04.4690 Requiring Plugins::SavePlaylist plugin.
2004-04-17 09:50:04.4874 Registering screensaver Now Playing (Jump back
on

dean
2004-04-17, 07:02
Hm, it sounds like the file is corrupted in some way.

I've posted a copy to our web server:

http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/thirdparty/Archive.pm

Try downloading that and installing it from there.

Note that on MacOS X, you can install plugins here as well:

Home -> Library -> SlimDevices -> Plugins

That might be easier to navigate. (Don't forget to remove the old copy
you installed in the prefpane...)

-dean



On Apr 16, 2004, at 7:04 PM, Dave Scott wrote:

>
> Using MAC OSX 10.3.3, nightly build from 04-16-2004, text (cut & paste
> into pico) from the 0.92 Live Music thread, plugin saved in
> ~/Library/preferencepanes/slimserver.prefpane/contents/server/plugins
> ..
>
> Ran ./slimserver --d_plugins from terminal & this what I got:
>
> Dave Scott
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------------------------------------------
> [Macintosh:slimserver.prefpane/contents/server] root# ./slimserver.pl
> --d_plugins
> 2004-04-17 09:50:04.0184 Requiring Plugins::Live_Music plugin.
> Subroutine getDisplayName redefined at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 107.
> Variable "%retrieval_error" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 116.
> Variable "%get_status" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
> line 120.
> Subroutine setMode redefined at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 114.
> Variable "$etree_listing" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 212.
> Variable "%retrieval_error" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 216.
> Variable "%error" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 218.
> Variable "%content" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 225.
> Variable "%error" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 257.
> Variable "%content" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 259.
> Variable "$etree_listing" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 283.
> Variable "%error" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 374.
> Variable "%content" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 376.
> Variable "$ID_CONCERT_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 395.
> Variable "%shows" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 404.
> Variable "$CONCERT_LIST_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 405.
> Variable "%show_index" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
> line 406.
> Variable "$etree_listing" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 419.
> Variable "$CONCERT_LIST_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 429.
> Variable "%shows" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 429.
> Variable "%show_index" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
> line 431.
> Variable "%show_count" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
> line 432.
> Variable "$CONCERT_LIST_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 443.
> Variable "%shows" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 443.
> Variable "%show_index" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
> line 445.
> Variable "$ID_CONCERT_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 447.
> Variable "$CONCERT_LIST_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 468.
> Variable "%shows" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 469.
> Variable "$ID_CONCERT_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 470.
> Variable "%show_index" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
> line 471.
> Variable "%concert_by_id" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 472.
> Variable "$etree_details_db_url" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 475.
> Variable "%concert_by_id" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 488.
> Variable "$PLAYLISTITEM" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
> line 491.
> Variable "$etree_details_db_url" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 520.
> Variable "%error" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 525.
> Variable "%content" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 528.
> Variable "%concert_by_id" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 538.
> Variable "$PLAYLISTITEM" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
> line 538.
> Variable "$playlist_search_string" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 600.
> Variable "$song_search_string" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 604.
> Variable "$archive_prefix" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 619.
> Variable "$CONCERT_LIST_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 647.
> Variable "%shows" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 647.
> Variable "$PLAYLISTITEM" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
> line 649.
> Variable "%concert_by_id" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 649.
> Variable "$ID_CONCERT_SEPARATOR" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 651.
> Variable "%show_index" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
> line 652.
> Variable "%get_status" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
> line 767.
> Variable "%content" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 768.
> Variable "%response" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
> line 768.
> Variable "%request" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 793.
> Variable "$CRLF" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 793.
> Variable "$OPENED" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 802.
> Variable "$OPENING" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 809.
> Variable "%paddr" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 810.
> Variable "%error" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 815.
> Variable "$READ_RESPONSE" will not stay shared at
> Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 849.
> Variable "$READ" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line
> 888.
> Variable "%functions" will not stay shared at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
> line 947.
> 2004-04-17 09:50:04.2592 Can't require Plugins::Live_Music for Plugins
> menu: Missing right curly or square bracket at Plugins/Live_Music.pm
> line 952, at end of line
> syntax error at Plugins/Live_Music.pm line 952, at EOF
> Compilation failed in require at (eval 26) line 3.
> 2004-04-17 09:50:04.2602 Requiring Plugins::Snow plugin.
> 2004-04-17 09:50:04.2881 Registering screensaver Snow Screensaver
> 2004-04-17 09:50:04.2915 Requiring Plugins::DateTime plugin.
> 2004-04-17 09:50:04.2992 Registering screensaver Datetime Screensaver
> 2004-04-17 09:50:04.3055 Requiring Plugins::SlimTris plugin.
> 2004-04-17 09:50:04.3236 Requiring Plugins::Shooter plugin.
> 2004-04-17 09:50:04.3344 Requiring Plugins::Rescan plugin.
> 2004-04-17 09:50:04.3504 Requiring Plugins::ShoutcastBrowser plugin.
> 2004-04-17 09:50:04.4690 Requiring Plugins::SavePlaylist plugin.
> 2004-04-17 09:50:04.4874 Registering screensaver Now Playing (Jump
> back on
>
>