PDA

View Full Version : Rescan Problems

scheemo
2008-11-01, 06:34
I have set my rescan to scan for new music every evening. I have noticed lately that it doesn't seem to pick up the new albums I add to it regularly. It also doesn't pick them up when I chose re-scan from Settings. The problem is solved by clearing and rescanning everything but obvioulsy this takes too long to do every couple of days

Anyone any ideas??

Siduhe
2008-11-01, 18:40
I have set my rescan to scan for new music every evening. I have noticed lately that it doesn't seem to pick up the new albums I add to it regularly. It also doesn't pick them up when I chose re-scan from Settings. The problem is solved by clearing and rescanning everything but obvioulsy this takes too long to do every couple of days

Anyone any ideas??

Am assuming you're not using iTunes or MIP integration? If you are - what is the reload interval set to?

If not, take a look at the file creation/modification dates of the new files - a "new and changed" music scan will only pick up new files if the creation/modified date (the latest of the two) is later than the last time that SC did a scan.

A shortcut to add new files/folders to the SC database is to navigate to the folder using Browse Music Folder and click in it. It will add the relevant files (no artwork though) direct to the database.

scheemo
2008-11-02, 11:50
Thanks for the tips

No Tunes or MIP - just good old MP3s. I rip CDs at work onto a pen drive and Copy them over to my server at night. Creation dates will always be later than the last scan.

I'm not sure what you mean by "navigate to the folder using Browse Music Folder and click in it" - from SC?? That could be a long job too - navigating to 5 new folders through the thousands on the system and going through the 'music folder' option is already slow.

Siduhe
2008-11-02, 12:25
Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant navigate to the new folder via the Browse Music Folder option in Squeezecenter - when you click into the folder it should automatically add the files to your database.

One other thing to look out for - check the files aren't in your database already but under No Album. Shouldn't be an issue if a clear and rescan brings the missing files into the database, but may be worth checking.