PDA

View Full Version : Squeezecenter / Firefox issue

Brum
2008-11-01, 04:01
Hello all,

After some issues with IE7, I decided to give the acclaimed Firefox a try. I downloaded and installed v3.0.3, but now the web interface to Squeezecenter fails to load, neither in default or Classic mode. I only get a pop-up window asking me what to do with the "application/octet-stream" - either to save to disk or what program to use to open. Connecting to Squeezecenter using IE7 from the same PC still works.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
Is there a setting somewhere in Firefox needed to tell the browser how to deal with the "octet-stream"?

I am running Squeezecenter 7.3-23734 on a Qnap TS-209-PRO. Never had any problems earlier...

slimkid
2008-11-01, 06:04
Hello all,

After some issues with IE7, I decided to give the acclaimed Firefox a try. I downloaded and installed v3.0.3, but now the web interface to Squeezecenter fails to load, neither in default or Classic mode. I only get a pop-up window asking me what to do with the "application/octet-stream" - either to save to disk or what program to use to open. Connecting to Squeezecenter using IE7 from the same PC still works.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
Is there a setting somewhere in Firefox needed to tell the browser how to deal with the "octet-stream"?

I am running Squeezecenter 7.3-23734 on a Qnap TS-209-PRO. Never had any problems earlier...

Happened to me after upgrade to 7.3. To resolve it, do a clean install of SC, uninstall the old version and then put the new one.

K

alZmtbr
2008-11-01, 06:14
In tools>options, application tab, what is set to handle JNLP files?

This is on FF 3.0, 3.0.3 *shouldn't* be that different. And how your browser handles JAVA is just a guess on my part...

Brum
2008-11-01, 06:32
Thanks for the tip, Slimkid; I'll try a clean install this evening.
As for the JNPL-files, I can't find any entries for that whatsoever...

alZmtbr
2008-11-01, 06:50
also check that java script and java are both enabled in the browser... tools>options under the 'content' tab. My guess is that the browser isn't recognizing the java files (JNLP) as java-coded packets "unrecognized octet-stream".

Cheers!
Allan

Brum
2008-11-01, 09:28
Hooray!

The uninstall / clean install trick worked like a dream! Now everything is up and running, and I can now access the Squeezecenter from Firefox without any changes in the browser settings...

Thanks a lot! B-)

mherger
2008-11-06, 07:55
> Happened to me after upgrade to 7.3. To resolve it, do a clean install
> of SC, uninstall the old version and then put the new one.

Ok, I've run into that issue today. Quick question: did you disable the "Customize Controller" plugin?

--

Michael

slimkid
2008-11-06, 11:21
> Happened to me after upgrade to 7.3. To resolve it, do a clean install
> of SC, uninstall the old version and then put the new one.

Ok, I've run into that issue today. Quick question: did you disable the "Customize Controller" plugin?

--

Michael

No, not at the time. I did later, since I don't have a controller. How would you disable it without access to the settings through browser - hacking config file?